Instructional Extension Agent, Office of Teaching and Learning - #494848
Date: 10/14/2021 11:30 AM
City: Lawton, Oklahoma
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Office of Teaching and Learning at Cameron University seeks a full-time Instructional Extension Agent. This is a grant-funded position. Funding is guaranteed through August 1, 2023. Continuation of this position is contingent upon administrative discretion after the life of the grant.
TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving as the chief liaison between the University and high school partners
- Ensuring that high school partners have all of the needed technology for students to successfully complete dual enrollment classes
- Recruiting eligible students at high schools partners to participate in dual enrollment classes
- Directing students at high school partners to resources aimed at increasing their financial ability to pay for college
- Directing students at high school partners to resources such as tutoring aimed at increasing their success in college courses
- Participating in data collection activities as appropriate
Position reports to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated commitment to student success
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Knowledge of computer technology and software applications
- Ability to visit rural high school partners.
- Two or more years’ experience working with high school or college students
- Previous experience working with rural student populations.
Cameron University offers a wide variety of comprehensive programs to benefit our employees. We are proud to offer such benefits as paid medical coverage for our employees, ample time off and opportunities and employee tuition waiver programs. To view all benefits available to employees, visit: http://www.cameron.edu/hr/staff-benefits-summary.
Cameron University (www.cameron.edu) is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Dedicated to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic, cultural, and educational opportunities for the betterment of all citizens. Master’s-level graduate degrees are offered in business, behavioral sciences and education; baccalaureate programs are offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are offered in many other studies. The close proximity of Fort Sill contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the opportunity for many cooperative efforts. The combined community of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000 and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. A copy of the University’s Annual Security Report, listing crime statistics and university policies, is available by contacting the Office of Public Safety or by accessing the report online at www.cameron.edu/ops.
Attachments should include a cover letter indicating experience applicable to position, resume, transcripts (unofficial are acceptable at this point), names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, only candidates whose applications are received by October 27, 2021 are assured of receiving full consideration.