Quality Process Control Engineer - #494852
Date: 10/14/2021 11:30 AM
City: Portage, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The QPC Engineer I (QPCE I) will:
- Support operations leadership in accountability and ownership for total product quality performance.
- Possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly, determine the appropriate approach, organize, schedule and coordinate work, and communicate results or progress effectively.
- Work on key business projects with a specific focus on product quality and process control through process engineering activities and tools.
- Plan and conduct experiments for current and future production processes and will have a supporting role in key platform development projects.
- Leverage data science tools for process modeling to achieve continual improvement in plant quality and process KPIs.
- Assist in quality planning activities, cost reduction initiatives, capital projects, and QPC Pillar implementation.
- Ensure that the quality standards of the company are maintained within the plant procedures, policies, purchased components and manufactured products.
- Participate in internal nonconforming event investigations, complaint investigations, CAPA investigations and drive continuous improvement projects throughout the plant.
- May support any facility expansions, software validations, equipment qualifications and / or process validations required to support existing / new processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related fields; Required
- Working experience with using statistical method and continuous improvement; Required
- Hands-on experience working in a technical quality role supporting manufacturing; Required
- Strong background and experience in quality systems (Ex: 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485) and quality tools (SPC, Statistical Analysis, etc.); Required
- Strong technical writing and investigative skills; Required
- Possess continuous improvement trainings (WCM, L Kaizen) yellow belt or higher; Preferred
Saint-Gobain's innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world's leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life's critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we've learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you're empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we'll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.