Records Clerk - #494892
Date: 10/14/2021 12:00 PM
City: Gays Creek, Kentucky
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Records Clerk who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Records Clerk is responsible for the maintenance, updating and disposition of all inmate/resident records and files.
- Assemble inmate/resident files from all repositories; review all inmate/resident records for compliance with policies; verify and correct, as necessary, composition of inmate/resident files; and prepare records for transfers or archives as appropriate.
- Receive all correspondence from courts regarding inmates/residents and respond as necessary; verify that court bonds received fully cover all sentences of inmates/residents; and monitor disposition of the cases of inmates/residents following court appearances. Initiate contact with internal staff, local jurisdictions and courts regarding inmate/resident record information
- Create and maintain up to date general and inmate/resident files in an organized manner, to include sorting, labeling, filing and retrieving, in accordance with corporate policies and/or procedures for file set-up, composition, retention and storage procedures; maintain confidentiality and security of records
- Maintain an up-to-date list of inmates/residents scheduled for discharge; process parole certificates, letters of discharge, release authorizations and release notifications.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Experience in records management in a correctional institution or office preferred.
- Two years of experience in records or office support is required. Additional education will be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other personal computer applications preferred.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.