Private/Business Loan Underwriter 1 - SBA Lending - #494902
Date: 10/14/2021 12:00 PM
City: Charlotte, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Commercial Banking provides financial solutions to businesses with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our business lines are Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Middle Market Banking, and Treasury Management & Payment Solutions.
Middle Market Banking
o Services private and public companies with annual sales of $5 million to $2 billion
o Specialized expertise across industry sectors
SBA (Small Business Administration) Lending is part of the Specialized Industries Group within Commercial Banking. As a whole, SBA is responsible for the production, management and servicing of approximately a $10B portfolio of government guaranteed SBA 7(A) loans and 504 real estate loans.
In this underwriter role, you will become proficient in SBA products, policies, procedures and gain the financial and credit foundation to grow within our SBA team. This position is responsible for assisting Underwriters with new SBA loan requests.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reviewing new loan packages upon receipt for completeness for SBA Underwriter review
- Ordering business financial statement spreads from the spreading center
- Spreading personal tax returns and current interims into the workbook for SBA underwriter review
- Creating and updating credit jobs in various systems/databases
- File handoff to Loan Closing department including completion of checklists & e-mail communications
- Satisfactory resolution of customer phone inquiries
- Written analysis of less complex credit and financial data and/or other information to decision requests
- Documentation of post-approval loan changes as necessary
- Completion of monthly reports as identified by Hub Manager
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 6+ months of underwriting experience, financial analysis experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Knowledge and understanding of Small Business Administration (SBA) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Policies
- Business banking experience
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
CA-Roseville: Min: $45,100 Mid: $62,700 Max: $80,300
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $41,000 Mid: $57,000 Max: $73,000
ID-Boise: Min: $41,000 Mid: $57,000 Max: $73,000
ID-Boise: Min: $41,000 Mid: $57,000 Max: $73,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $41,000 Mid: $57,000 Max: $73,000
AZ-Tempe: Min: $41,000 Mid: $57,000 Max: $73,000
CA-San Jose: Min: $49,200 Mid: $68,400 Max: $87,600
CA-Escondido: Min: $45,100 Mid: $62,700 Max: $80,300
IL-Chicago: Min: $45,100 Mid: $62,700 Max: $80,300
TX-HOU-Jetero/Greenspoint: Min: $41,000 Mid: $57,000 Max: $73,000
TX-Amarillo: Min: $36,900 Mid: $51,300 Max: $65,700
CA-Roseville: 1620 E Roseville Pky - Roseville, CA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
ID-Boise: 877 W Main St - Boise, ID
ID-Boise: 3033 Elder St - Boise, ID
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
CA-San Jose: 121 S Market St - San Jose, CA
CA-Escondido: 500 La Terraza Blvd - Escondido, CA
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive - Chicago, IL
TX-HOU-Jetero/Greenspoint: 17317 North Freeway - Houston, TX
TX-Amarillo: 905 S Fillmore St - Amarillo, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.