Quality Engineer I - #494920
Elbit Systems of America
Date: 10/14/2021 12:01 PM
City: Merrimack, New Hampshire
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At KMC Systems, an Elbit Systems of America company, we spend our days working on exciting and meaningful innovative solutions that protect and save lives. From providing solutions for our warfighters and commercial pilots, to providing lifesaving medical instrumentation and homeland security technologies, the employees of Elbit Systems of America understand the value of their work and why we do what we do each and every day. We are looking for extraordinary people to join us in making a difference in the lives of others.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer I, but we are looking for more than an impressive skill set. We are looking for the type of person who respects others for their knowledge, skills, and experience as individuals and as team members. If you are the type of person who has high integrity and would thrive in an inclusive environment of camaraderie and friendship with your fellow teammates, we’re pretty confident you’ll love it here.
Assists in planning, devising and implementing Quality Assurance standards, instructions, and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment for an assigned project or area to assure the highest quality levels and cost‑effective compliance with contractual and company requirements. Participates in the design of electronic, electro‑mechanical, or optical equipment for testing company products or components.
- Under close guidance and supervision, apply basic engineering and scientific principles and techniques to assist in the development and establishment of quality assurance programs which provide and maintain the highest quality levels for an assigned project, product, or area.
- Assist in devising and implementing methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of assigned products or production equipment.
- Assist in conducting experiments and audits to evaluate operating characteristics of products or processes. Evaluate data from experiments and prepare reports and summaries outlining results and recommend revisions or modifications to the product or process to maintain or improve product quality.
- Assist in evaluating producibility and reliability of the finished product, ensuring that all established standards and regulations are met. Assist in determining equipment to be used to maximize manufacturing effectiveness and minimize cost.
- Assist in complete failure analysis investigations to determine the root cause and take appropriate corrective action to revise design, methods and inspection/test instructions to prevent failure recurrence.
- Coordinate activities with other departments, such as Design Engineering and Manufacturing, on matters pertaining to the design, location and use of test equipment and in the transition from development into production.
- Assist in developing test techniques and methods for testing company products or components on the basis of customer specifications, and analyze engineering orders for effect on test procedures.
- Evaluate and monitor quality of vendor services and goods as assigned.
- Support the manufacturing process in resolving design problems, assist in the transition of products from development into production.
- Perform T. E. tasks as assigned applying standard, basic engineering principles and techniques.
- Perform special studies and assignments as designated.
Bachelor’s degree plus 0 - 2 year’s of relevant experience. This is a great opportunity for a recent college graduate.
As a contractor to the U.S. federal government, all Elbit Systems of America employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a result, full vaccination is required for this position unless you are legally entitled to an accommodation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.