Service Desk Technician - #494928
Ocean State Job Lot
Date: 10/14/2021 12:01 PM
City: Hope Valley, Rhode Island
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for technical support of information technology hardware, software, networks and other equipment used in all stores, corporate offices, and the distribution center. This position frequently interacts with end users through an email and phone ticketing application. The Service Desk Technician is responsible for various information technology department duties, without limitation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive inbound incidents and requests from end users at stores, corporate offices, and the distribution center
- Determine priority and severity of each issue; implement incident management processes
- Troubleshoot problems faced by the end users of computers, laptops, mobile devices, copiers, printers, and scanners. Identify issues and analyze them
- Use a service desk application to manage and track service requests and incidents
- Use remote communication tools to troubleshoot problems with computers and other technological devices
- Work independently and alongside a team; take ownership of each service incident throughout its lifecycle
- Manage deployments of hardware and software assets to end users, including installation and upgrades
- Perform quality assurance checks on returned equipment and send out for repair as needed
- Assist with various information technology department projects as needed
- Assist with some system administration tasks
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Management Information System or a related field required
- Technical knowledge of personal computer (PC) hardware, operating systems, and networking preferred
- Point of sale (POS) system experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Windows operating system (OS) and Google platform (i.e. sites, slides, drive, docs, sheets)
- Bilingual speaking and writing skills (Spanish) preferred
- Effective Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have the ability to build and maintain a culture of trust and respect. You enjoy working with customers and coworkers.
- Team Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner. You understand the tools and processes needed to meet larger strategic initiatives.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard
potential. Sedentary, and frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential functions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other job duties and tasks, some of which may be essential to the position. Leadership has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract, either express or implied. You are an at-will employee, meaning either you or the Company may terminate your employment at any time, with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- One location