Video Analyst | Corporate IT - #494929
Date: 10/14/2021 12:01 PM
City: Foster City, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Corporate IT has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our operational functions into a single area focused on providing world class operational support to our end users. Additionally, we are moving our engineering teams into a new organization, leveraging a DevOps mindset, focused on delivering projects\solutions in a more efficient manner. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide engineering support for the services we're responsible for. As a member of the End User Technology team, the Staff Network Engineering position is responsible for ensuring our end users receive the best Voice and Video experience possible. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic and evolving global team that is driving the charge to ensure that Visa is not only the best way to pay but also the best place to work with state of the art end user technology and solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Unified Communication, this role provides Operational support to our global users, for Voice and Video related services out of our Foster City office. The successful candidate will work to deliver an outstanding customer experience working with our latest technologies that cover Live Event Support, Streaming, Video Conferecning, AV Enterprise Voice and calling. The candidate will collaborate with engineering, operations and development teams to ensure that the end user experience is exceptional. Eliminating repeat incidents and avoidable issues, while ensuring 100% uptime, with properly supported solutions. The desire is to evolve these resources to be able to provide engineering input, strategic guidance, architectural design and various other services.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide Operational support for testing, setup and running of live events both virtually and locally in Denver and across our other North America offices.
- Provide onsite support and assistance with any of the live events and recordings run from the Denver office throughout the year
- Provide onsite troubleshooting and support for client meetings and video calls
- Create detailed design documents, evaluate and test new and evolving technologies for performance and cost benefits and then provide assistance on components of the acquisition process, including business case, vendor selection and input on contract negotiations.
- Provide pre and post production support from the Auditorium and meeting site in Denver. Assisting production companies and running large scale events for the employees that work out of the office.
- Plan, implement, and provide ongoing escalation support for the following products and services: MS Teams, MTR’s, AppSpace, Cisco video conferencing endpoints.
- Provide basic project coordination for in-house projects to ensure they adhere to company policy, are completed on time and within budget, meet the deliverables of the project while following change control procedures.
- Provide third level problem resolution support as necessary to achieve or exceed voice/video network and system service level commitments. In addition, provide limited second tier technical support that may require periodic 24X7 immediate response times.
- Assist in the production of webcast / video streaming and video conference global meetings, cultural events and training seminars.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on deployment or support issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to work successfully with diverse cultures while accommodating global time zone constraints.
- Participate fully in the development, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations.
- Provide technical consultancy to operations, engineering team members and end users to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe.
- Work with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements, provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts and maintain system security for voice and video systems.
• 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
• Minimum 3 years experience in voice and video and AV technologies, which can be a combination of experience in the telecommunications / network engineering and equivalent professionally qualified education and experience such as Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technology field. Cisco certifications are highly desirable.
• High level of competence in the following: Microsoft Azure, Cisco VOIP (CUCM), Microsoft Teams Rooms (MTR), Cisco Video Endpoints and Poly CVI bridging infrastructure. AV technologies and experience with Web streaming solutions (such as VBrick) are preferred.
• Good technical understanding of AV equipment, signal flows, architecture and live system setups for broadcasts
• Experience and understanding of editing tools, compositors and graphics packages such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
• Good understanding of streaming media workflows, CDN connectivity and media distribution for live and on-demand content both within an enterprise network and externaly
• A conceptual understanding of basic routing/switching/QOS, firewalls and its potential impact on voice, video and web streaming network environments.
• Good understanding of live event workflow with AV switches and routers
• Experience working with MS Teams, Zoom, Webex and Azure management
• Strong process orientation and proven planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills along with effective oral/written communication skills.
• Ability to explain technical information to non-technical users. Staying calm under pressure.
• Experience leading technology deployments on moderately complex cross regional projects, including planning, documentation, and implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex voice and video environments.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among multiple concurrent projects while also handling interruptions.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.