Quality Assurance Engineer (Video) - *Remote* - #494930
Date: 10/14/2021 12:01 PM
City: Greenwood Village, Colorado
Contract type: Contractor
Work schedule: Full Day
pureIntegration is seeking a Video Quality Assurance Engineer (Remote) to join our growing team testing video platforms that handle billions of requests and millions of users. The team designs, develops, tests and delivers innovative products and services that are essential to bringing streaming video TV services to million residential customers.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to support applications and systems and efforts to ensure changes to existing software or launches of new software meet business and organizational needs. The engineer should also be comfortable looking at source code for the services being tested as necessary to understand API usage or failure points, as well as collaborative with senior developers to understand the services being tested.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support, enhance, and improve the efficiency of the business
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between business units to assist in addressing and resolving software, network or field issues
- Advise and assist business users in the effective use of applications and technology
- Troubleshoot and manage issues lists, test strategies and results, and executive communications pertaining to quality of deployed video products and applications as well as those under development
- Work closely with internal and external partner leads on current production system defects, changes or upgrades to resolve problems and improve processes or systems
- Investigate and resolve application and system functionality related issues and provide assistance with troubleshooting
- Provide functional, non-functional, regression, integration, performance, smoke, scalability, sanity, and end to end testing of system implementations and customizations
- Support user acceptance testing by creating, executing and reporting of test strategies/plans, test cases, and automated test scripts
- Debug, troubleshoot and document application and system issues and solutions
- Lead and advise Quality Assurance testers
- Other duties as assigned
Location: Remote or Denver, CO
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field or equivalent certification preferred or equivalent related experience
- 5-8 years’ experience as QA tester
- 1 year experience in a lead role preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic process management skills
- Able to effectively communicate with individuals at various levels of the organization through written and verbal methods
- Familiarity with QA Tools for defect tracking, test case creation and storage, and test execution and reporting.
- Experience in product development agile processes and methods
- Experience with full software testing automation, including Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment/Delivery, DevOps, UI/UX (web, mobile), API/services, and database level validation automation
- Experience developing testing scorecards effectively and efficiently communicating test status at different levels of the organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
In over 16 years of Digital Transformation consulting and professional services, pureIntegration has successfully designed, integrated, and deployed winning solutions at scale which have resulted in measurable performance increases. Most importantly, we have done it while maintaining 97% client satisfaction for the past 15 years. With a rich heritage in Communications, Media and Entertainment, our diverse and expanding portfolio includes Fortune 500 enterprises spanning Utilities, Manufacturing, Insurance, CPG, Healthcare, Logistics and other select verticals.
pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.