Associate Health Center Operations Director - #494945
Community Clinic Inc.
Date: 10/14/2021 12:01 PM
City: Silver Spring, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY
CCI Health & Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life.
The Associate Health Center Operations Director, under the direction of the Health Center Operations Director, is responsible for supporting and mastering the operational activities of Medical support staff and Primary Care flow. The Associate Health Center Operations Director assists with supervision activities for all Medical Managers and supervises directly those managers with 10 or fewer employees. The person in this position will ensure smooth operational functions of the Centers and the Programs. The Associate Health Center Operations Director works collaboratively with CCI managers, directors and executives to ensure that the sites embody CCI’s mission, values, standards, policies, procedures and protocols. The person in this position is also responsible for implementation and validation of Studer transformational tools and concepts. The Associate Health Center Operations Director is responsible for operational training and reporting and ensuring Center compliance with both Safety and HIPAA regulations.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Serves as Interim Manager of the day-to-day operations of the health centers during vacancies to ensure resources are appropriately utilized to facilitate efficient operations
- Develops and delivers onboarding curriculum for newly hired managers.
- Develops and implements operational policies and practice standards.
- Oversees and validates the implementation of Studer Group practices, tools and programs.
- Ensures Center compliance with both internal and external policies and standards. Develops and provides training to ensure compliance.
- Involved in all aspects of the hiring process. Develops and reviews job descriptions. Coordinates new employee and Safety training. Evaluates staffing patterns for budgetary purposes, efficiency, and quality care.
- Establishes reporting measures to keep senior management informed of service center performance.
- Keeps the Health Center Operations Director informed about operating activities, potential threats, opportunities, and recommended actions.
- Responsible for effective and efficient fiscal management of health center operations to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial resources; ensures facilities manage inventory appropriately, including purchasing of clinical, business office supplies, daily deposits
- Responsible for promoting and fostering an atmosphere of teamwork and excellence among staff.
- Coordinates the organization's Safety Program to reduce and minimize patient and staff injuries as well as related expenses. Develops, implements and monitors policies, training, and audits regarding safety issues. Ensures current MSDS are maintained at each facility
- Conducts Safety Orientation Training for new staff and also ensures that the practice site specific safety orientation is also completed for new and transferring staff.
- Reviews safety committee meeting minutes and follows up as necessary
- Ensures each site conducts their annual fire drill and monthly safety walkthrough and audits as necessary to ensure compliance
- Ensure CCI’s safety program is aligned with Joint Commission & OSHA standards
- Responds to and investigates concerns/complaints from workers/patients regarding staff/patient safety and assists in taking appropriate action.
- Investigates accidents and injuries that occur at the practice sites
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities and committees, and other committees and workgroups as needed
- Prepares reports and analysis as needed.
- Regularly visits practice sites and oversees and inform staff meeting agendas.
- Oversees and prepares All Staff Training plans and logistics
- Oversees Maternal and Child Health Program Growth
- Actively participates in organizational goal setting and action planning through Studer processes including, but not limited to, the Leader Evaluation Management (LEM) tool, attendance and participation at the Leadership Development Institute (LDI), Joint Site Visits, and other trainings as required.
- Ensures daily coverage of health center in managers absence
- Promotes PCMH and All Operational Standardization process
- Monitor and Check EMR for Flags and Documents so manager is up to date with all signed documents.
- Monitors and conduct weekly on the spot-checking of task management reports in i2i.
- Responsible for maintaining and scheduling all the annual medical health center equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for overall support, maintenance and trouble-shooting of health center support staff site coverage schedules
- Monitor and Maintain all medical equipment inventory
- Supervise housekeeping and maintenance of all Operations Support staff account logins
- Participates in other duties as assigned.
- Provide coverage for Health Center Managers in their absence.
- Oversees facility operational activities in
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 or more years’ experience in health care administration; two years in a management capacity
- Experience in an acute care setting, preferably a community health center serving culturally diverse and under-served patient populations.
- Experience in the development and management of quality, risk and utilization review processes.
- Expertise in computer skills and Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership, strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and analytic skills.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
** CCI Health and Wellness Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
CCI Health & Wellness Services is a 49-year-old Federally Qualified Health Center is a diverse and inclusive workplace that serves 60,000 medical patients and Women Infant’s & Children (WIC) participants in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. As a 501(c)3 non-profit, CCI is committed to providing high-quality, affordable primary healthcare to every patient across all life stages. Visit www.cciweb.org for more information.