Pump & Pantry 2nd Assistant Manager - #494959
Bosselman Pump & Pantry, Inc
Date: 10/14/2021 12:30 PM
City: Kearney, Nebraska
Salary: $13 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
New Higher Starting Wage - $13.00 Per Hour
$500.00 Hiring Bonus - Details of bonus: $250 payable at 3 months and $250 at 6 months. Must be employed at time of payout.
The 2nd Assistant Manager is responsible for overseeing the total operation of the assigned Pump & Pantry locations in the absence of the Manager or 1st Assistant Manager, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Bosselman Pump & Pantry has many benefits to offer you that you will not find anywhere else like:
- Employee discounts on food and fuel
- Vacation after six months
- 401K and matching contributions
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- A clearly defined path for growth
- On-demand pay with PayActiv (access to earned but not yet paid wages)
- And much more!
Bosselman Pump & Pantry offers on-demand pay (access to earned but not yet paid wages) through:
- Ensure all paperwork is complete, accurate, and turned in on time.
- Be proficient in opening and closing a shift, including completing all paperwork.
- Make certain customer needs are met and implement the company’s policy on customer service.
- Supervise cash control and bank deposits.
- Assist in making sure employees are following the proper procedures for all aspects of food operations and handling/storage of product, which complies with all food handling guidelines to meet or exceed state/federal regulations.
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned.
- Project a positive attitude.
- Providing friendly and competent customer service.
- Reporting for work in a timely manner when scheduled.
- Assist in handling all problems dealing with customers, personnel, or mechanical.
- Ensure the cleanliness, organization, and overall appearances of assigned stores meets company standards and are in proper working order, inside and out.
- Ensure all items are properly ordered; stocked to inventory levels; and priced correctly.
- Assist in implementing and following-up of company training procedures.
- Assist in making sure all personnel are supervised and trained thoroughly.
- Assist in the training of all associates in food handling and company procedures including proper hold time and code dating.
- Ensure that all food products are stored properly and code dated with expiration dates. Also ensure that all products whether cooked or stored are held at proper temperatures.
- Assist in making sure all shifts are covered.
- Personally reflect and make certain all personnel are in proper working uniform, neat and clean, at all times.
- Assist in implementing and enforcing all company policies and procedures.
- Report all maintenance, customer, and personnel problems to upper management regularly.
- Assist in keeping necessary records – merchandise, personnel, and fuel.
- Keep a safe and healthy workplace.
- Attend management and training meetings, as required.
Additional Job Duties:
- Other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Directly supervises 4 to 16 employees in each assigned Pump & Pantry
Education and/or Experience (include certs or licenses needed):
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a Food Handler’s permit or Serve Safe Certification where required by law or policy.
- Must have knowledge of operations and maintenance of all equipment in the assigned stores.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work a minimum of three 2nd shifts per week opposite the manager ensuring that key operating hours have a manager on duty.
- Must have reliable transportation and phone.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Must be able to communicate in English. – IF APPLICABLE
- Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Dual or Tri-Store Manager to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, provided such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the Company.
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time; frequently walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear; occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.