Faculty Recruiter (Diversity Focused) - #494973
Illinois Central College
Date: 10/14/2021 12:30 PM
City: East Peoria, Illinois
Salary: $37,669 - $42,957 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The faculty recruiter coordinates and performs a variety of recruitment functions to ensure highly qualified diverse pools of candidates for both full time and adjunct faculty positions. Work as a self-starter with high attention to detail, project follow-through and possess the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Illinois Central College offers exceptional benefits to Full Time employees effective their first day of employment. For additional information, please visit our benefits website.
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Consult with Deans and academic administrators to determine current and future recruitment needs and develops an annual recruitment plan and action steps to achieve recruiting goals based upon recruitment needs and diversity goals as outlined in the annual Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
- Coordinate the recruiting activities for faculty positions, including, but not limited to: Posts faculty positions (both full-time and part-time). Sources qualified top talent through the creation of innovative and interesting techniques. Monitors talent pools for academic positions for the adequacy of inclusion of minorities and protected class individuals. Communicates updates and summaries of recruiting progress and activities to hiring managers and administrators. Coordinates efforts with staff involved in the selection process. Participates in the selection process by serving on hiring committees.
- Host and attend job fairs in and outside of Illinois.
- Effectively communicate with prospects, candidates, academic administrators, screening committees, faculty and staff, verbally and in writing.
- Build and maintain relationships with affinity organizations with the College and externally.
- Collaborate with other Community College and University to source qualified diverse candidates.
- Ensure compliance with state and Federal employment regulations.
- Continually research best practices and trends in diverse hiring practices and implements accordingly.
- Maintain logs, compiles statistical reports, and reports statistics.
- Perform related duties as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, management or similar field of study.
- 1 year of experience working in Human Resources or Recruitment including use of social media and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Awareness and sensitivity of underrepresented minorities.
- Demonstrated advocacy for minorities and the ability to develop credibility with diverse individuals and institutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and professional working relationships with others.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience recruiting in a higher education setting.
- Experience working in a recruiting/staffing agency.
- Human Resources professional certification such as PHR or SHRM-CP.
- Experience with HRIS systems.
- Experience with NEOGOV recruitment software.
Experience with PeopleSoft HRMS.
Illinois Central College offers a benefit package which includes:
- paid time off;
- tuition waivers for employee, spouse and dependent children;
- on-site childcare center;
- 403(b) retirement plans; and
- State University Retirement System pension plan.