Car Install Technician / ME Leader (MECP Basic), Geek Squad - #495008
Date: 10/14/2021 12:30 PM
City: Downey, California
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Geek Squad Autotech Leader goes through the typical onboarding, job shadowing, and new hire training while diving into the Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) program. Once they’ve earned the basic certification, it’s go time!
At Best Buy, we are obsessed with building long term relationships with our customers. Every team member should feel empowered to deliver a world-class and unique experience based on what each customer needs.
- Helps drive a positive customer experience by building relationships, exhibiting empathy, and providing solutions to their needs.
- Installs technology components such as remote start, car stereos, speakers, amplifiers, portable audio, GPS devices, Wi-Fi, security, and more.
- Positively manages relationship to handle client appointments, provide technical advice and assistance, and sell additional products.
- Educates the sales team and customers on services and technology related to the connected car.
- Coaches other autotechs to achieve department, financial, and productivity goals.
- Maintains MECP certification and gains additional certification levels to grow autotech exptertise.
- One year of experience with coaching and providing feedback to others
- Prior experience with recommending products, services, or solutions to others
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including holidays, nights, and weekends
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to achieve a valid MECP Basic Certification within 90 days of hire and maintain certification status
- Meet state specific Motor Vehicle Record requirements
Join our team!
While you're busy delivering on our belief of making technology work for our customers, we're working to ensure you are rewarded for your passion, energy and commitment. Our pay for performance philosophy rewards results and offers you opportunities to grow in your career and increase your earning potential.
Ready? Let's do this!
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of our customers and employees, click on the apply button below. The application will take about 15 minutes to complete and if you meet the requirements, you can expect to hear from us within 24-72 hours.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter.