Clinical Technician - #495020
Medstar Georgetown University Hospital
Date: 10/14/2021 12:31 PM
City: Cheverly, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown’s centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown’s healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position
The incumbent in this position works under the direction of and assists members of the professional nursing staff in providing nursing care to patients on an assigned nursing unit. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
Education and or Training Required:
- High School graduate or the equivalent (GED)
- Satisfactory completion of Nursing Assistant training program or previous experience as a Nursing Assistant of one year or more
- Current District of Columbia Nursing Assistant Certification preferred. BLS required
- Six months experience working as a Nursing Assistant or Health Aide preferred.
- Ability to perform the basic nursing skills, which includes attending to personal hygiene and dietary needs of patients
- Good written and verbal communication skills; basic math.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions in detail.