PICC RN Contractor - #495034
Date: 10/14/2021 12:31 PM
City: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work independently.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately to patient, family and other health care providers.
- Completes required paperwork.
- Provides patient education about the PICC (or midline) insertion and the care and maintenance issues post insertion
- Participates in performance improvement activities by providing information about each PICC (or midline) insertion to the facility staff as requested
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient past and current medical history including laboratory values, venous and muscle skeletal status that is pertinent in qualifying a patient as a candidate for PICC placement.
- Assures physicians order on chart for PICC placement.
- Assures Informed Consent has been obtained.
- Performs time out; correct patient identifier prior to initiating PICC procedure.
- Demonstrates ability to perform PICC placement maintaining aseptic technique utilizing measures that prevent patient discomfort and trauma related to procedure.
- Demonstrates high level skills in critical thinking and assessment related to vascular access devices.
- Maintains clinical competency by inserting a minimum of six PICCs/year and by performing one observed successful PICC insertion
- Documents insertion of PICC (or midline), confirmation of placement by radiologist for PICC, and medication administration, in accordance with company policy
- Provides facility nurses/staff instructions about the patient's PICC (or midline) care and maintenance
- Assist Territory Managers in meetings for clinical support as needed
- Assist Director of Vascular Access in facility rounds to meet with and support Directors of Nursing, Administration and Nursing staff
- Is responsible for the fiscal viability of the PICC program by entering the charges for the insertion, proper usage of equipment, and productive use of time
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Current RN (Registered Nursing) license
- Current BLS certification
- Must have good knowledge base for caring for central venous catheters.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 2 years of OR, IR, or PICC insertion experience preferred