Director, Strategic Accounts -Midwest US - #495035
Date: 10/14/2021 12:31 PM
City: Douglass, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
SomaLogic is a bioinformation company that has invested over 20 years to developing cutting edge proteomics technology. Our products can measure 7,000 different human proteins in a single small blood or other type sample. We are a dedicated team of colleagues focusing on precision health and providing our technology into the global Life Sciences market. We are moving towards commercializing the health-related information derived from our platform to help people worldwide proactively manage their health.
Our mission is to create a world where everyone can routinely monitor health and accurately diagnose, effectively treat and proactively prevent disease.
SomaLogic is seeking a seasoned, customer-focused Director of Strategic Accounts who can maximize overall opportunity of SomaLogic within our Strategic Accounts. Specifically: Drive revenue growth, expand the breadth of SomaLogic services/products, increase share of wallet, increase client advocacy through development of relationships with influential client individuals; and, increase client satisfaction with all aspects of SomaLogic’s delivery of services/products.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides global leadership and oversight for specific client accounts (also known as strategic accounts) across all of SomaLogic
- Serves as a single point of accountability/responsibility for strategy and overall client relationship for SomaLogic strategic accounts
- Leads development of the client account strategies and solutions that will drive revenue growth globally and build breadth and depth of SomaLogic’s position within the client account
- Strategize with SomaLogic Executives to drive engagement and collaboration with SomaLogic strategic client accounts
- Develops and maintains, in collaboration with key internal stakeholders, the strategic Account Plan that drives the growth/development and further penetration of the SomaLogic products and services within that account
- Ensures a consistent and in-depth understanding of sponsor requirements by all internal stakeholders within SomaLogic
- Provides goal alignment between sponsor and SomaLogic, enabling SomaLogic to continue to secure, retain and grow business
- Uses a consultative approach with the client and proactively initiate activities with key decision makers within the client strategic account
- Leads efforts in forecasting for SomaLogic’s strategic accounts to help drive excellent performance in revenue predictability and stability which will satisfy customer accounts and maximize profitability
- Leads prospective solutioning efforts based on a deep understanding of account/client needs to drive joint value creation and to build the accounts qualified pipeline
- Develops and manages remediation plans, when necessary, when strategic accounts lag in converting opportunity value into backlog
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Macro view or “Big Picture” of drug discovery and development
- Experience / understanding of how the processes work to meet sponsor requirements
- Financial acumen
- Ability to run executive level governance meetings with strategic agenda
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Must have outstanding leadership skills to both guide teams and lead sales efforts
- Business Development acumen
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to influence both at the SomaLogic operational level and client level
- Excellent presentation capabilities and public speaking abilities
- Ability to foster collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Served as a Strategic or Key Account Manager
- Held a role in commercial at a company offering molecular profiling
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Business or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the job
- Minimum of 8 years of sales, commercial, business development or equivalent experience required
- Highly prefer 6+ years in the Pharmaceutical or Clinical Research Industry
- Location for this position is flexible
- Initial regular presence in Boulder office required
- Up to 40-50% travel to forge and maintain alliances; occasional international travel may be required
- To protect the safety and wellness of our team, SomaLogic requires all on-site employees to provide proof of vaccination per our policy. Certain situations may be exempt upon discussion with Human Resources.
At SomaLogic, we recognize the key to success is having empowered team members. We value our employees and aim to retain and attract talent by offering competitive benefits that are rare in the market. What sets us apart is our medical, dental, vision, short -term disability and long-term disability premiums are 100% paid for at no cost to our employees. In the summer, we offer half day paid leave every Friday. Our PTO is generous and continues to adjust based on years of service. To start, employees will receive 15 days of PTO, 1 personal floating holidays, 12 paid company holidays and 10 sick days. In addition, we offer 401k matching at 4%, FSA’s, tuition reimbursement, stock options, and employee assistance programs. A HR rep can provide more information upon request.
All SomaLogic qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations