Specialized Teen Case Manager - #495055
Gulf Coast Jewish Family & Community Services
Date: 10/14/2021 13:00 PM
City: Kissimmee, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Specialized Teen Case Manager
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Are you excited by the prospect of working for an organization that truly values your contributions, provides opportunities for growth and development, fosters diversity, inclusion and equality, AND gives you a chance to make a difference in the lives of children and families?
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
This is a professional non-exempt position, responsible for providing case management services for youth over age 13 placed in an out-of-home care setting. Teen Specialists are assigned to the case as primary, with a reduced caseload, so as to ensure the unique population needs are met. These staff will ensure preparation for youth leaving foster care to include education success, work experience, and opportunities to engage in basic life skills activities; facilitate access to the youth’s personal documentation; and ensure a smooth transition to Independent Living Services upon turning 18 years old. Candidate must have a current certification with the Florida Certification Board or eligible to become certified within one year of hire date.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 17.79 per hour
- Flexible hours
- 15 PTO days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Immediate eligibility for 403b Savings Plan with 25% match
- Supplementary Accident, Hospital Indemnity and Specified Disease insurance
- Paid Life/AD&D insurance
- Pet, Legal and Identity Theft programs
- Continuous training and professional development opportunities
- Mileage Reimbursement
- An opportunity to make the world a better place!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Florida Administrative Code 65C-15.017 Personnel: Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in criminology, psychology, sociology, counseling, special education, education, human development, youth development, family development, marriage and family therapy, and/or nursing. Candidate must have a current certification with the Florida Certification Board or eligible to become certified within one year of hire date.
- Florida Certification Board: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited College or University.
WHO WE ARE:
From babies to seniors, Gulf Coast JFCS serves all people in need, regardless of race, religion, culture or gender identity. Our programs span a broad human service spectrum, from behavioral and mental health, child welfare and adoption, family support, job and employment transition, housing, food, transportation or home care assistance for the elderly.
Gulf Coast JFCS is committed to ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of its employees and clients, which include members of vulnerable communities. As part of this commitment, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current and newly-hired employees, unless an employee is entitled to a reasonable accommodation or exemption as permitted pursuant to Gulf Coast JFCS’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
START YOUR APPLICATION