Front Desk Agent/ Guest Services Rep - #495062
Candlewood Suites Mooresville
Date: 10/14/2021 13:00 PM
City: Mooresville, North Carolina
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Candlewood Suites Mooresville | 3247 Charlotte Hwy, Mooresville, NC 28117
We are always looking for people that have a heart for service to join our company. Maya Hotels owns and operates great brands from Hilton, Marriott, & IHG. We understand that creating a desired employee experience is key to helping us deliver exceptional guest experiences and become an employer of choice. We believe that if you take care of your employees, they will in turn take care of your customers and guests
The Guest Service Representative is typically the guest’s first interaction with the hotel so we need to make sure it is consistently a positive one. Each guest needs to be welcomed and acknowledged with the Maya Hotels service attitude. GSR’s are responsible for ensuring we provide the highest level of guest service and that our standards are met and maintained at all times. with a combination of a passion for the job and the right communication with other departments, GSR’s have the ability and empowerment to make the guests experience more than MEMORABLE. GSR’s must have a positive and professional upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform accurate check-ins and check-outs of guests daily.
- Make reservations over the phone and in person.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ensure credits and adjustments are correct
- Communicate supplies needed to work effectively.
- Follow directions thoroughly
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Live and demonstrate the Maya Hotels core values.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Effectively communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Engage each guest as a unique individual and listen attentively to their requests
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Answer the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Anticipate and address guest’s service needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Listen and respond to guest complaints and ensure corrective action is taken in a timely manner to achieve complete guest satisfaction
- Run daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify any guest special requests
- Responsible for completing all training in a timely manner.
- Keep work area neat and tidy.
- Uniform and personal appearance are kept clean and professional and are in accordance with Maya Hotels Grooming Policy. A smile is considered part of the uniform.
- Comply with Maya Hotels policies, procedures and Code of Ethics.
- Maintain a cash drawer throughout the shift and ensure it balances correctly at the end of shift.
- Promote a safe working environment
- Learn and adhere to all fire and emergency procedures, including procedures for handling of the fire panel, ensuring guest safety and participate in an evacuation if necessary.
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting appropriately to avoid injury, reporting hazards, appropriate set of cleaning chemicals and working to minimize tripping and falling hazards,
- Prioritize and organize
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement
- Participate in helping the hotel recycle.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. EMPLOYEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY OTHERS JOB RELATED DUTIES ASSIGNED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: FRONT DESK, ADMIN OFFICES AND HOUSEKEEPING (WHERE APPLICABLE)
JOB INVOLVES WORKING:
LIFT UP TO 25LBS
UNDER VARIABLE TEMPERATURE CONDITIONS (OR EXTREME HEAT OR COLD)
UNDER VARIABLE NOISE LEVELS
STANDING FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME.
AROUND FUMES AND/OR ODOR HAZARDS
AROUND CHEMICALS (WHERE APPLICABLE).
AROUND BIO-HAZARDS (WHERE APPLICABLE).
INTERNAL: GENERAL MANAGER, ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER, DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, FRONT OFFICE MANAGER, FRONT OFFICE SUPERVISOR (S), EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER, ASSISTANT MANAGER, FLOOR SUPERVISORS, FLOOR ATTENDANTS, LINEN/LAUNDRY STAFF AND ENGINEERING.
EXTERNAL: HOTEL GUESTS/VISITORS, GROUPS AND LOCAL COMMUNITY.