Payroll Coordinator - #495068
County of Dodge, WI
Date: 10/14/2021 13:00 PM
City: Juneau, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This position is responsible to administer and maintain the department’s payroll functions, coordinates the scheduling processes, and trains new personnel on payroll and scheduling systems.
- Coordinates timely and accurate collection, verification, and entering payroll-related data for bi-weekly payroll processing, including verification of new hires, the calculation of termination payouts, and tracking probation and length of service.
- Answers payroll inquiries from staff.
- Communicates with County IT Department to maintain the scheduling and time entry systems. Troubleshoots issues and schedules software updates.
- Develops and updates related departmental administrative procedures and processes as needed.
- Provides education and access to team members on the scheduling system and payroll system upon hire and as needed.
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers; greets, receives, and screens visitors and customers; addresses and resolves customer questions as able and refers complex inquiries, requests, or complaints to appropriate staff.
- Composes routine correspondence; proofreads and edits documents; enters, scans, updates, and maintains information in spreadsheets, databases, and reports, including the submission of quarterly PBJ (Payroll Based Journal) to CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services).
- Maintains electronic and paper filing and record systems to provide easy access to records and information; provides retention of records as required by Department and County policies.
- Provides related fiscal support, as directed.
- Provides backup assistance to other department personnel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED JOB COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of principles governing payroll administration, payroll accounting methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of computerized payroll systems.
- Must be able to exhibit a warm, cheerful, caring manner.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately and independently in compliance with stringent time limits with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to prioritize duties to accomplish a high volume of work product while adapting to constant changes in priority.
- Ability to maintain accurate and legible notes.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret statutory language regarding administrative details of the legal process.
- Ability to establish and maintain accurate records of assigned activities and operations.
- Ability to interpret and implement local policies and procedures; written instructions, general correspondence; Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Skill in organizational and time management to prioritize duties to accomplish a high volume of work product while adapting to constant changes in priority.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately and independently in compliance with stringent time limits requiring minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Knowledge of current office practices, procedures, and knowledge of the operation of standard office equipment and software.
- Knowledge of computer software including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications consistent for this position.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations required of this position.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively in English in both written and verbal form.
- Skill in researching and understanding complex written materials.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate and concise records and reports.
- Ability to apply sound judgment and discretion in performing duties, resolving problems, and interpreting policies and regulations.
- Ability to communicate detailed and often sensitive information effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle sensitive interpersonal situations calmly and tactfully.
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals within and outside the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding business-related files, reports, and conversations, within the provisions of open records laws and other applicable State and Federal statutes and regulations.
- Ability to work the allocated hours of the position and respond after hours as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS*
- Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, business, management or related field with two (2) years’ experience working in an accounting/bookkeeping or payroll position. Equivalent combination of education and experience which provides necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- Must successfully pass caregiver and criminal background check.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in a Long Term Health Facility.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting, frequently requires standing, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions and occasionally requires walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling and reaching with hands and arms.
- Work has standard vision requirements.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
- Work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data and observing general surroundings and activities.
- Work is primarily in a health care setting where specialized resident programs are implemented.
- Work environment includes exposure to infectious agents, chemical agents, and resident behaviors.
Location: 198 County Rd DF, Juneau, WI 53039
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations