R20038725 - Executive Assistant to CEO - Office of the CEO - #495081
TransAmerica Life Insurance Company
Date: 10/14/2021 13:01 PM
City: Baltimore, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Description Summary
Autonomously facilitate and manage all activities and information surrounding the Chairman of the Executive Board and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Manage and oversee the local Executive Office. Must be a liaison and coordinate with the Executive Office in the Hague, Senior Managers and/or Executive Board Members.
- Operates with substantial latitude to exercise independent judgment and discretion on a daily basis regarding assigned and ad hoc responsibilities.
- Provides executive-level support to the Chairman & CEO, including: managing dynamic professional and personal schedules; providing minute-by-minute daily itineraries; arranging domestic transportation, travel and international visas; planning and executing high-level events; developing reports and analysis (i.e. expenses, jet travel logs, contributions, invitations, etc.); screening and resolving routine or complex calls, correspondence and/or miscellaneous inquiries; developing presentations and draft communications; prioritizing concerns and making decisions under pressure; and other duties as assigned.
- Serves as a liaison for important clients, internal and external senior management and/or Board members.
- Manages and oversees administrative support staff in the local Executive Office, including hiring, training, development, etc.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the AEGON culture, structure and processes.
- Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
- Confirms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- Able to travel if needed.
- At least 10 years of executive-level administrative experience.
- Ability to perform proactively highly-visible and scrutinized activities with precision, diplomacy, organization, self-confidence, confidentiality, and temperance amidst routinely changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Possess a service-oriented attitude, excellent communication skills, and the ability to efficiently and effectively navigate Company structure and processes while building successful relationships.
- Associates degree and management experience preferred.
- Fast-paced, highly confidential office environment.
- Continuously on call to assist the Chairman and CEO.
This job description is not a contract of employment nor for any specific job responsibilities. The Company may change, add to, remove, or revoke the terms of this job description at its discretion. Managers may assign other duties and responsibilities as needed. In the event an employee or applicant requests or requires an accommodation in order to perform job functions, the applicable HR Business Partner should be contacted to evaluate the accommodation request.