Inbound Unloader - USBL - US - #495084
Date: 10/14/2021 13:01 PM
City: Hauula, Hawaii
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
US0424 Sysco Hawaii
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is an Operations position responsible for performing product receiving activities, operating and maintaining equipment associated with warehouse activity and performing other related duties as required.
- Check, inspect, examine and count all products being unloaded for quality and quantity against purchase orders
- Inform warehouse management and merchandising of any discrepancies on purchase orders
- Ensure that the drivers are backed up to the proper door and their trailers are secure before unloading begins
- Document all overages, shortages, and damages
- Inform warehouse management and merchandisers when trucks are late for scheduled appointment times
- Ensure that all unwanted product is returned to the truck
- Ensure that the drivers’ signature is on all paperwork
- Sign all necessary paperwork before releasing the truck
- Works with the lumper service to ensure the timely unloading of the trucks
- Cleans dock area as needed
- Performs other warehouse duties as assigned
- High school education.
- Up to one year with Sysco
- Pallet Jack and Forklift Certification from Sysco
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Must display exceptional time management skills
- Must be dependable, accountable and ethical to work while upholding organizational values
- Must have great interpersonal skills and work well with others
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence
- Follows policies and procedures
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, self-monitors to ensure quality output
- Meets productivity standards
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Uses equipment and materials properly
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Must be able to explain work in a written and verbal format
- Must have exceptional computing/mathematical skills
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Basic computer skills
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 50 -75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Frequently exposed to high, precarious places
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.