Room Attendant - #495086
Tru By Hilton Mooresville Lake Norman
Date: 10/14/2021 13:01 PM
City: Mooresville, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Tru By Hilton Mooresville Lake Norman | 117 Alcove Rd - Mooresville, NC 28117
We are always looking for people that have a heart for service to join our company. Maya Hotels owns and operates great brands from Hilton, Marriott, & IHG. We understand that creating a desired employee experience is key to helping us deliver exceptional guest experiences and become an employer of choice. We believe that if you take care of your employees, they will in turn take care of your customers and guests.
Room Attendants engineer the in-room guest experience. Room Attendants are responsible for cleaning guest rooms as assigned, ensuring the hotel’s established standards of cleanliness. Room Attendants are also responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling guest requests or complaints. Ensures the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with the Executive Housekeeper on what tools and supplies are needed to work effectively.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Live and demonstrate the Maya Hotels core values.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Clean guestrooms per brand standards.
- Respond to guest complaints and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Acknowledge each guest.
- Promote a safe working environment
- Learn and adhere to all fire and emergency procedures, including procedures for handling of the fire panel, ensuring guest safety and participate in an evacuation if necessary.
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting appropriately to avoid injury, reporting hazards, using appropriate set of cleaning chemicals and working to minimize tripping and falling hazards,
- Perform job functions with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- Participate in helping the hotel recycle.
- Uniform and personal appearance are kept clean and professional and are in accordance with Maya Hotels Grooming Policy. A smile is considered part of the uniform.
- Comply with Maya Hotels policies, procedures and Code of Ethics.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. EMPLOYEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY OTHERS JOB RELATED DUTIES ASSIGNED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: HOTEL, GUEST ROOMS, GUEST AND SERVICE CORRIDORS, HOUSEKEEPING OFFICE AND ADMIN
JOB INVOLVES WORKING:
UNDER VARIABLE TEMPERATURE CONDITIONS (OR EXTREME HEAT OR COLD).
UNDER VARIABLE NOISE LEVELS.
AROUND DUST AND/OR MITE HAZARDS.
INTERNAL: GENERAL MANAGER, AGM, EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER, ASSISTANT HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER, FLOOR SUPERVISORS, FLOOR ATTENDANTS, LINEN/LAUNDRY STAFF, GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, ENGINEERING.
EXTERNAL: HOTEL GUESTS/VISITORS.