Parts Specialist - #495089
Date: 10/14/2021 13:01 PM
City: Binghamton, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Auto Plus is a leading automotive aftermarket parts distributor in the US. We bring together unmatched expertise with best-in-class parts and customer service for the most reliable automotive aftermarket parts store experience. Headquartered in Kennesaw, Georgia, Auto Plus has more than 8,000 Team Members with decades of experience in the automotive aftermarket industry, united to deliver on our Auto Plus Promise: We exceed expectations with expertise at every turn. Auto Plus has more than 1,000 locations, including corporate-owned stores, independent Auto Plus member locations and commercial parts-focused Pep Boys retail stores, and 21 distribution centers. We aspire to be the most trusted business partner and employer in the automotive aftermarket.
The Parts Specialist sells replaceable parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor vehicles in a parts store. Ascertains make, year, and type of part needed, inspects worn, damaged, or defective part to determine replacement required, or informs customer of part needed according to description of malfunction. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide retail and professional customers with professional, clear and courteous service.
- Operate a Point of Sale (POS) system to record customer transactions.
- Complete cash balance sheets accurately, practice option and add-on selling techniques.
- Ensure that parts are in stock and delivered to customers in a timely manner.
- Communicate SPIFFs, store specials, benefits and warranty policy information to customers.
- Assist in store inventories.
- May assist in deliveries of product to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- 1 year picking and packing experience.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Comfortable utilizing up-selling techniques.
- Strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS systems.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product knowledge.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.