Anesthesia Tech - #495096
Lake Regional Health System
Date: 10/14/2021 13:01 PM
City: Osage Beach, Missouri
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager or Director the Anesthesia, tech assists the licensed anesthesia providers in the acquisition, preparation, and application of the equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia.
- Provide support in anesthesia for routine and complex surgical cases.
- Provide maintenance and servicing such as cleaning, sterilizing, assembling, calibrating and testing, troubleshooting, requisitioning, and recording of inspections and maintenance of anesthesia equipment.
- Under direct supervision of the Anesthesia provider, they may operate a variety of mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic equipment used to monitor, evaluate and manage the patient undergoing anesthesia.
- Participate in OR / Procedure room turnover and will perform activities as directed to ensure efficiency and safe patient care in the Surgery/Procedure environment.
- Responsible for supply and inventory management, including stocking of non-narcotics medications.
- Responsible for putting in charges, and includes checking anesthesia supplies and outdates in OB.
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Ability to set priorities and respond to stressful situations.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure in a stressful environment.
- Provide this service by preparing and maintaining patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems before, during, and after anesthesia.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification. Must be flexible with work hours; call every other weekend.
- Must have at least two years of experience as an anesthesia tech.
- Experience working with patients in an acute care setting or operating room.
Location: Lake Regional Health System · Surgery
Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift, M-F, 0630-1500, with call