Patient Care Supervisor for ICU- McLeod Seacoast - #495101
Date: 10/14/2021 13:01 PM
City: Little River, South Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by:
(a) promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking;
(b) engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system requirements;
(c) promoting improvement.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth.
- Contributes to the department growth and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for patients, families and visitors.
- Supports and validates Hourly Rounds.
- Competently manages employee related complaints, issues and concerns to optimize the work environment.
- Supervises and ensures use of appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Ensures compliance with established unit standards, policies and specific standards of care, coordinating patient care activities for assigned shift.
- Performs Patient Care Management duties in maintaining an organized workflow and open communication including: development and evaluation, Performance Improvement and staffing patterns during assigned shift.
- Participates in managing fiscal responsibility of the unit.
Fosters interdepartmental and collaborative relationships.
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience
- An active Registered Nursing license verified by the LLR or other compact state
- ADN required
- BLS (Required for all nurses), Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position