Practice Manager- Lexington - #495102
Cultivate Behavioral Management Corp
Date: 10/14/2021 13:30 PM
City: Lexington, Kentucky
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Practice Manager (PM) organizes and coordinates office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Practice Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, data system audits, scheduling, office staff supervision and task delegation. PM is responsible for maximizing time for all families and therapists. The PM is the critical bridge between families and therapists. The PM ensures that the therapists are working as full a caseload as possible, and in an efficient way. Additionally, the PM tracks availability thereby ensuring families get the therapy they need. The PM tracks clients authorized hours and cancellations to ensure clients are receiving the full amount of therapy for which they are authorized. The Practice Manager is the direct supervisor for technician staff for all items non-clinical.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the clinic, center, or office
- Provide excellent customer service and encourage excellent service from all levels of staff
- Answer phones and doors as needed. Conduct follow up calls and parent coordination as required. Refer caller to appropriate personnel as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to answer routine requests for information or assistance.
- Maintain Microsoft Calendar and make clinical group meetings via Outlook/Teams with appropriate Agendas. Remind staff of upcoming meetings.
- Coordinate internal and staff meetings for administrative and clinical staff
- Send follow up notes of individual and group meetings including what was discussed and any action items.
- Maintain SharePoint and learner medical folder audits as necessary to ensure the correct documents are updated and in the correct location
- Secure and provide Clinical Manager/Regional Clinical Director with weekly clinical data regarding clinical attendance, staff attendance, caseload management, credentialing, clients out, staffing hours, RBT Supervision updates, Billing and Rendering reports and any other information pertinent to maintain clinical workflow.
- Monitor and track progress toward fulfillment of clients authorized hours, and ensure that enough therapy is scheduled and performed to fulfill clients authorized hours
- Monitor and track cancellations of sessions, including rescheduling of sessions to make up for cancellations
- Take remedial actions, if necessary, to respond to excessive cancellations
- Design and process weekly reports on cancellations, progress toward clients authorized totals, and therapists productivity
- Provide feedback to administrative team regarding staffing deficits in staffing for hiring purposes
- Meet clients continued scheduling needs to ensure therapy is delivered in a comprehensive and timely manner
- Creates, enters and edits weekly/reoccurring clinical schedule for learners and technicians within identified timeframe
- Communicate any scheduling changes to families and staff as needed.
- Send out reminders to staff and caregivers to remind of days we are close and to seek information about upcoming schedules as needed (IE holiday schedule variations)
- Work with families and staff to coordinate make up hours as necessary to ensure we are able to serve full authorization hours of what was deemed medically necessary
- Monitor and manage staff PTO and UPT requests
- Collaborate with Clinical Manager/Regional Clinical Director and BCBAs to trigger the need for learner cancellation conversations and accountability plans based on attendance data.
- Ensure coding compliance is managed effectively prior to the start of each day in NPAWorks to correlate with schedule. (IE rendering, locking schedules, cancellations, etc)
- Compile and reconcile daily schedule in addition to billing & coding for each patient/client and therapist.
- Conduct daily reviews of billing conversions, proper code checks, and billing audit and collaborate with the billing department on the status of billing and conversions.
- Collaborate with Operations team to ensure that billing errors are fixed before billing team processes claims
- Prepare letters, memorandums, work orders, bulletins, and other miscellaneous material for distribution to staff and or clients.
- Develop, implement, and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Participate in the talent acquisition, hiring, and training of team members to ensure that staffing is appropriate for day to day operations, as needed.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and progress and performance feedback to staff, as needed for non-clinical job responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Clinical Manager/Regional Clinical Director to conduct progress and performance reviews for staff, at least annually
- Review the RBT evaluations completed by BCBAs, as needed and related to professionalism and non-clinical job responsibilities
- In conjunction with HR and Compliance and Risk, assist to ensure regulatory compliance with HIPAA, OSHA, labor laws, and other federal, state, and local regulations
- Assist with onboarding of new hires, when necessary
- Sets up accounts for all new BT hires including but not limited to assisting with obtaining BACB, NPI, Catalyst account, and training accounts
- Communicate with landlord for building maintenance items as needed
- Gather and disseminate the mail daily
- Contribute to and collaborate on special projects, as needed
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies
- Adhere to Cultivate policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years in an office management role, preferably a medical office
- 2-3 years of progressive supervisory or management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Process driven and detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize appropriately to deliver timely results
- Highly motivated and energetic during work hours
- Communication skills, both oral and written, that are clear, confident, exhibit leadership, professionalism, empathy, and inspire confidence
- Ability to provide feedback in a productive manner to proactively address potential disciplinary action
- Skilled in public speaking, making presentations, and possess a willingness to present to both internal and external audiences
- Ability to work independently in order to deliver timely results, when required, as well as to contribute and collaborate with other team members in a manner that is positive and leads to successful outcomes
- Ability to empathize and communicate professionally with guardians, families, patients, and team members
- Ability to evaluate the potential business and financial impact on desired outcomes during decision making processes
- Ability to successfully complete a background and drug screen
- Ability to bend, kneel, crouch, and stand as well as an ability to lift items up to 50 lbs
- Endurance to move rapidly from a seated position to a standing position
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity enough to operate office equipment, etc.
- Clerical responsibilities and administrative work require appropriate levels of vision and hearing abilities
- Ability to successful use a variety of electronic devices and platforms for audio and video communications