Respiratory Care Practitioner - #495109
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Date: 10/14/2021 13:30 PM
City: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services; HCA is comprised of locally managed facilities that include 184 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the "Worlds Most Admired Companies" and “World’s Most Ethical companies”
Come join us at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center! We are a 133 bed acute care hospital, opened in 2010 and located south of Fredericksburg, VA off I-95. As one of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) family, we are proud to be ranked as one of the safest hospitals in the U.S. We offer a wide range of healthcare services with a patient-first, community-centered approach including:
- A 24-hour emergency room
- Advanced-technology operating rooms
- Cancer care center
- Advanced imaging, including CT, MRI and nuclear medicine
- Heart and vascular care
- Obstetrics and neonatal care (NICU)
- Intensive care
- Psychiatric care
The duties and responsibilities of the Registered Respiratory Therapist include, but are not limited to:
- Administers all therapy modalities to adult/pediatric/newborn patients per physician’s orders
- Initiates, operates and monitors mechanical ventilators for all age groups
- Performs arterial puncture, and blood gas and electrolyte analysis
- Responds to all code blue situations
- Adheres to established quality control procedures
- Verifies all physician orders prior to therapy
- Conducts thorough, accurate report to oncoming staff
- Enters all patient contacts into Meditech
- Participates in all areas of departmental duties, including assistance in new employee orientation, precepting students and continuing education
- Performs regular equipment rounds
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate Patient Education documentation
We value you and your future. HCA is proud to offer great leadership, a nurturing environment, many opportunities for growth and development, competitive pay and great full-time/part benefits including multiple health insurance plan options, comprehensive dental coverage, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment plan and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately so apply today!
Preferred - One year experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying
Minimum 2 years of NICU experience
Required - Graduate of an accredited School of Respiratory Care (Associates degree)
Preferred - B.S. degree or currently enrolled in B.S. program.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
Required - Current VA license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner or License pending State Board results
AHA BLS for Healthcare Practitioners
Preferred - Certified Respiratory Therapist and/or Registered Respiratory Therapist
ACLS, PALS, NRP, STABLE
HCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.