LPN - Inpatient - Med Surg Part Time - Day Shift (7a-7p) - #495122
Fisher-Titus Medical Center
Date: 10/14/2021 13:30 PM
City: Plymouth, Ohio
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Under the direction of the registered nurse, provides nursing care in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement care, nursing interventions, and procedures necessary as the patient progresses through inpatient hospital care to achieve optimal patient outcomes, under the direction of the RN.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare tea, to ensure the quality of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge for administering and recording of medications, can also demonstrate knowledge of commonly used medications: action, dose, and side effects.
- Provides education and information to patients and family members.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by the RN.
- Observes patients and report any abnormal findings to the RN.
- Performs clinical skills: dressing changes, NG tube placement, Foley placement, IV placement (if certified.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the care of the pediatric and geriatric population and their family/caregiver.
- Provides for the safe transfer of care with a communication handoff to the other healthcare professionals.
- Functions as a role model for current and new staff.
- Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure. Pursues professional growth and attends all required training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Fisher-Titus proudly serves the greater Huron County area’s 70,000-plus residents by providing a full continuum of health and wellness care from heart and cancer care to outpatient services such as lab, imaging, and physical rehabilitation. In addition, Fisher-Titus’ employed physicians offer a variety of primary and specialty care services including behavioral health, digestive health, endocrinology, family medicine, general surgery, heart and vascular, internal medicine, occupational health, pediatrics, pulmonary, sleep medicine, spine surgery, urology, and women’s health. Along with the medical center, a 99-bed acute care hospital, Fisher-Titus health system includes Norwalk Memorial Home, a 69-bed skilled nursing facility; Carriage House, a 48-unit assisted living facility; a Home Health Center; and emergency transport through North Central EMS. To learn more, visit fishertitus.org.
Fisher-Titus offers industry-competitive benefits including Medical & Dental coverage, 401K match, paid time off, tuition assistance, and more!
Shift differential, weekend bonus pay available, and more offered for night shift positions.
Licenses & Certifications
- Licensed Practical Nurse