IT Business Systems Analyst - #495159
GreenState Credit Union
Date: 10/14/2021 13:30 PM
City: Marengo, Iowa
Salary: $86,131 - $129,196 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
GreenState’s Information Technology department adheres to the corporate values and acts as a business partner who understands the needs of the business, enables business units to meet strategic objectives through technology, and provides employees and members with quality technology platforms that are always available, always relevant, and always scalable.
The IT Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the facilitation and gathering of business/functional requirements and support of systems, services and applications that help drive business decisions and outcomes within the organization. Support strategic initiatives and drive the standardization of tools, artifacts, and process documentation. Identify and implement improved system solutions and processes to increase efficiency and overall productivity within as assigned area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, daily operations support, host interfaces, release/system testing, job scheduling, online banking integration, optical integration, core testing, validation, and reporting.
Salary range for this position is $86,130.93 - $129,196.39, with a progressive benefits package.
At GreenState, we exist to create lasting value for those we serve. We do this by putting immense value into our employees, members, and communities. We empower our employees to create endless opportunities, which will then impact the lives of our members and enhance the vitality of our communities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed, and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Supports a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Identifies, promotes, and evaluates idea driven solutions and innovations.
- Work with complex information systems and develop or modify existing systems through analysis of business and user needs.
- Analyze business and user needs, document requirements, and identify solutions to new and emerging business processes.
- Identifies process strengths and weaknesses; researches and recommends areas of improvement for overall productivity and efficiency, defines, and implements plan of action.
- Assists with periodic testing and implementation of contingency plans to ensure availability of applications in case of system failure.
- Participate in systems / technology requirement gathering sessions for systems integration, update, and configuration.
- Serve as the expert on business and user requirements gathering and lead client sessions.
- Provide guidance and support to the business analysis team while acting as a subject matter expert, providing product expertise and leadership on the engagement.
- Analyze and define systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements to produce functional design specification documents.
- Develop and implement software/system scripts and integrate workarounds to provide fixes to defined technical issues.
- Analyze and review test plans and perform testing of software / technologies following development and configuration stages, validating test cases, and ensuring full coverage of requirements.
- Facilitate and participate in team quality reviews of requirement artifacts to ensure requirements are complete, consistent, comprehensible, feasible, and conform to standards.
- Assist the various teams across the organization with problem resolution while prioritizing and gaining approval for defined requirements.
- Adheres to the change management process for all changes made to core system(s).
- Assist in training of new employees.
- College degree in computer science or business management, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years in an individual contributor Business Analyst role.
- Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
- Prefer experience with Jack Henry technologies, specifically Episys, Synapsys, and Synergy.
- Requirements gathering and documentation experience.
- Experience working with configurable enterprise systems.
- Basic knowledge of PC software and systems; technical aptitude; and desire to learn.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with discretion and judgment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to follow up on assigned tasks and document activities.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information in a discretionary manner.
- Good analytical skills with strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal to moderate supervision
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the IT Director Analysis and Administration. Supervisory Responsibilities: This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees. Equal Opportunity Employment Statement: GreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.