Patient Registration Clerk - #495167
Date: 10/14/2021 13:31 PM
City: Islesboro, Maine
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This is a 36 hour per week position.
An Emergency Room Clerk is a part of a dynamic emergency department team where you will work directly with clinicians and patients to aid in their stay. It is a fast paced and busy environment where you will greet, admit, and visit patients in their rooms as appropriate to complete the below tasks
- Obtains signatures, verifies identification and insurance eligibility, obtains copies of insurance cards and completes forms as required by state and federal regulations
- Admits patients and transfers appropriate paperwork
- Involves interactions with doctors, nurses and other hospital personnel that requires strict patient confidentiality.
- Assists patients with handling clerical problems and resolving any issues such as adding new insurance information.
- Hospital will provide extensive on-the-job training regarding our policies and procedures and knowledge of basic medical terminology will be trained
- Good interpersonal skills are essential, as well as empathy for people in crisis
- This person should be able to handle multiple tasks at once, prioritize work and manage interruptions easily
- SCHEDULE: 4am-4pm or 4pm-4am on an “as needed” or on-call basis (DIFFERENTIALS INCLUDED)
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Relevant experience required.
Location: MaineHealth · PBMC Registration
Schedule: Full Time, Day/Evening, 36