Crisis Interventionist I - #495174
MHMR of Tarrant County
Date: 10/14/2021 13:31 PM
City: Cresson, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
I) Job Purpose
The position of Crisis Interventionist I serves to actively resolve emergency and crisis situations for persons being served by MHMR Tarrant as well as any applicable contracted entities and community partners. This position is meant to aid individuals of all ages to mitigate crisis situations in a trauma-informed and least restrictive manner.
II) Essential Functions
- Complete all clinical documentation within instructed time intervals and agency parameters.
- Exercise appropriate clinical judgment to mitigate crisis situations for persons served by MHMR Tarrant as well as any applicable contracted entities and community partners in accordance with clinical supervision and agency trainings.
- Coordinate emergency and case management services with community partners, including law enforcement, as applicable and ensure that appropriate continuity of care and crisis follow-up are completed.
- Maintain the ability to assess and determine which services best meet ongoing needs and help track the progress toward recovery goals.
- Performance standards are performed as applicable with MHMR’s We CARE values “We Connect People in Our Community. We Provide Access to Services. We Link People to Resources. We Empower People.”
- Perform other job duties or responsibilities as requested or assigned.
III) Knowledge of Laws, Regulations, Policies/Procedures, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
- Knowledge of mental health assessment techniques.
- Working knowledge of psychopathology and DSM V classes of major mental illness.
- Knowledge of the principles of Crisis Intervention.
- High level of advocacy/arbitration/negotiation/conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and to perform effectively in high stress situations.
- Knowledge of community resources and demonstrated skill in making productive client centered referrals.
- Ability to maintain clear and concise documentation.
- Ability to organize work independently.
- Ability to work independently without or with limited supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends and holidays.
- Attend all necessary meetings at designated time intervals.
- Attend and maintain all agency required trainings and refresher courses.
IV) Internal & External Customer Service
This position requires extensive internal and external contacts with persons served, family members, significant others, internal staff, external staff, service providers and practitioners, and community partners. The employee accomplishes communication with exceptional written and verbal skills by answering phone calls and emails in a timely fashion as defined by program needs as well as conducting themselves professionally in all interactions.
This position requires transporting clients and driving between locations as an essential function of work. Employees are required to have a license in good standing and be able to be covered by agency liability insurance. If personal vehicle is utilized for work travel, then maintaining personal auto insurance coverage is required.
Health or Human Services
Acceptable Degrees Include: Applied Behavior Analysis, Child Development, Counseling, Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Intervention, Education Psychology, Gerontology, Human Growth and Development, Medicine, Nursing, Physician Assistant, Psychology, Registered Nurse, Rehabilitation & Rehab Studies, Social Work, Sociology, and Special Education
Valid Texas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Eligible to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP-CS) certification.
Must provide license (if applicable) and official documentation of all educational attainment i.e. Transcript/Degree/Certificate
Required Supervisory Experience
Pre-employment tests including drug and TB Screening, Physical Exam including balance and lift test.
Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression (SAMA)
Our total rewards program offers benefits* to full time employees beginning 1st of the month following hire date including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Life insurance and additional supplemental accident and hospitalization plans
- 401a match and 457 deferred compensation plans
- Paid vacation and holidays; varied flexible work environment locations
- Annual tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Professional development programs and training
- And more…..
- Full time employees begin 1st of the month following hire date
- Market driven positions (full time or part time) begin immediately after hire date
- Select part time market driven positions are eligible for most insurance plans
- Substitute status jobs are not eligible for benefits
For more information, click here.
- MHMR of Tarrant County (“MHMR”) and its affiliates and subsidiaries have an internal recruiting department. MHMR may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters herein after referred to collectively as “Recruiters"). Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact MHMR employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – MHMR recruiting team or other authorized MHMR personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers. For more information please visit our website