Supervisor Radiology - #495178
Date: 10/14/2021 13:31 PM
City: Mayfield Heights, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Radiology Supervisor directs the technical staff and support personnel in duties involving direct patient care, radiology procedures and safety. Practices and insures promotion of behavior that meet and exceed customer needs and expectations and support of the CCHS Mission, Vision, and Values. Due to site specific needs this position may also include supervision of one or more Radiology modalities and satellite offices.
- Review radiographs to insure optimum quality for interpretation; provides necessary support to staff to maintain a repeat rate of 3% or less; includes inspection for all correct paperwork and pertinent information.
- Knowledge of all clerical and diagnostic procedures; provides assistance in these areas and assume responsibility of Radiology Manager in their absence; functions as a staff technologist as needed; performs front desk secretarial and film library responsibilities.
- Ensures that all technical data is input into computer by staff in a timely and accurate manner; includes follow-up with daily incomplete work reports (technical and clinical), accurate entry of non-procedural charges, additional exams, and daily log charge report.
- Delivers documentation and counseling of technologists, students, and supporting personnel assigned with regards to discipline, work ethics, conduct, attendance, payroll responsibilities (Site Specific) and other related matters.
- Delivers yearly employee evaluations; provides input into character and job performance of other employees in conjunction with Radiology Manager.
- Ensures that staff and self-maintain clinical competence. Performs training and orientation of new employees. Establishes and maintains department schedules, call, daily, monthly, holiday, and taking call when necessary in conjunction with Radiology Manager.
- Adheres to and enforces system, entity, department policies and procedures; works in conjunction with Radiology Manager in attendance and punctuality records are within established policy guidelines; maintains a procedure manual including protocols and techniques for each procedure.
- Carries pager and adheres to on-call responsibility, as required by the Supervisory position.
- Ensures equipment maintenance, including follow-up and daily processor quality control.
- Ensures compliance in policies/procedures required by local state or federal law.
- Maintains compliance of credentialing bodies (ACR, Medicare, Medicaid).
- Ensures equipment calibration, including follow-up and daily quality control.
- Knowledgeable in acquiring, archiving, transmitting, and printing images via PACS; when applicable, knowledgeable in after-hours transmission of images and appropriate paperwork; immediately, reports any malfunctions to Help Desk and PACS Administrator.
- Assesses the patients' readiness and need for learning, considering religious, cultural, physical, and psychosocial beliefs and/or limitations; determines the best methodology to deliver education and receives verbal feedback and/or return demonstration to validate learning; provides verbal and/or written instructions for tests/procedures, diagnoses, and discharge when appropriate; documents what education has been taught, patients' response and collaboration with any members of the health care team in coordination of education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology.
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(ARRT), in good standing; specific credential dependent on modality or may also be credentialed as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, RDMS, through the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or be a Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist through the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board: C.N.M.T. dependent on modality.
- Current state licensure required prior to employment, dependent on modality. BLS Healthcare Provider required.
Complexity of Work:
- Must demonstrate proficiency in operation of imaging equipment, computer skills, communication and interpersonal skills with all customer groups, in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum of three years of patient care delivery. In addition, one year of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must be able to lift or assist with patients of varying weight and manipulate equipment daily.
- Finger dexterity to manipulate hand/eye coordination for PC operation daily. Wrist and hand/wrist repetitions to manipulate equipment and/or PC operation daily.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time; must lift and carry items weighting up to 50 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.