Survey Crew Chief / Survey Party Chief - #495189
Date: 10/14/2021 14:00 PM
City: Richmond, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are accepting applications for experienced Survey Crew Chief candidates for our Richmond, VA office.
Essential duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Oversees the day to day Field Crew operations to provide field data for boundary surveys, topographical and construction stakeout surveys
- Oversees and trains individuals to operate total station, level, GPS and data collectors for use in the collection field of survey data
- Establishes and sets point on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, waterline, structures, etc.)
- Conducts daily maintenance and up-keep of instruments
- Provides clear and concise field notes including sketches
- Oversees maintenance of survey equipment, supplies and vehicle
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment, and also be willing to work independently on occasion
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- High school diploma/GED and five (5) years of field survey experience is ideal
- Experience with Leica Robotic Total Stations, Data Collectors and GPS preferred
- Must be able to obtain and hold a federal security clearance
- Experience with VDOT transportation surveying a plus
- Ability to collect field data in an organized, neat and professional manner for various boundary, topographic, design and construction staking projects
- The ability to compute, process and map field data will provide the right candidate opportunity and advancement
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- A valid VA driver license and a good driving record required
- Must be willing to travel on occasion
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.