Environmental Test Technician: Entry-Level - #495190
Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
Date: 10/14/2021 14:00 PM
City: Littleton, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- About Us
- Success Profile
- Meet Our Employees
- Job Responsibilities
- Related Content
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
Back to Job Navigation (About)
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
- Problem Solver
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
Back to Job Navigation (Qualifications)
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”
Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Back to Job Navigation (Benefits)
Environmental Test Technician: Entry-Level
Job ID: 573231BR Date posted: Oct. 14, 2021 Locations: Littleton, ColoradoProgram: Prod-Ops Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are seeking an Entry-Level Environmental Test Technician who will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of thermal, thermal vacuum, and vibration test equipment in support of satellite RF electronic box, antenna, and battery testing. The test lab is a 24 x 7, 365 days per year operation. Therefore, off shifts, weekend, and holiday support will often be required. Shift assignment is on a by management decision. Successful candidate must possess the ability to work well with others on the team and be able to communicate technical issues to Test Engineers.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional technical training sufficient enough to perform required job duties
- Basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills including experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Able to support alternative shifts (primarily 2nd shift)
- Experience with Lockheed Martin processes and practices preferred.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and / or process flow diagrams.
- Knowledge of mechanical skills (i.e. basic piping, mechanical assembly).
- Familiarity using electrical multimeters.
- Ability to work per a written test procedure.
- Low voltage electrical wiring skills.
- Basic understanding of vacuum processes and technology.
- Basic understanding of instrumentation and process control.
- Basic understanding of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and ladder logic.
- Basic understanding of mechanical / physics concepts such as vibration, force, and thermodynamics.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good communication skills. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Hourly/Non-ExemptBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Technicians Type: Full-Time Shift: Multiple shifts available