Manager Quality 1 – Inspection - #495191
Date: 10/14/2021 14:00 PM
City: Sykesville, Maryland
Salary: $92,500 - $138,700 / year
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Requisition ID: R10007868
- Category: Mission and Quality Assurance
- Location: Sykesville - MD, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Occasional/Part-Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Power and Control Systems (P/CS) is seeking a Manager Quality 1 for the Inspection Department at our Skyesville, MD campus. The main duties for this position include:
- Provide manufacturing cell product life cycle support by demonstrating a thorough and complete understanding of Quality Assurance regulations, standards and internal PrOP procedures, and ensure compliance to these requirements.
- Attend daily stand-ups and set Inspection staff priorities to ensure program commitments are achieved. Provide oversight and coaching to operators and inspection staff as needed
- Serve as a DCMA liaison, to include supporting DCMA inquiries, visits, audits, and process evaluations as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and collaborate well across functional organizations, including Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supplier Performance Management, to ensure quality standards are in place
- Lead and/or participate in continuous improvement initiatives such as RCCA, and developing inspection checklists
- Possess organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple shifting priorities.
- Ability to make decisions with limited information
- STEM Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of progressive, relevant experience; OR 9+ years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with military standards for electro-mechanical devices and systems (wiring, soldering, electronic assemblies, mechanical parts)
- Previous experience working in Quality, Design Engineering, or Manufacturing.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a D.O.D. Secret Clearance
- SAP Business System experience
- Quality or Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Experience leading people and/or projects
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality Management System certification process
- Experience Lean Six Sigma practitioner
- Experience conducting root cause and corrective actions on identified quality problems, issues, and defects
Salary Range: 92500 - 138700
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.