ECommerce Manager - AspenX - #495207
Aspen Skiing Company
Date: 10/14/2021 14:00 PM
City: Aspen, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
The e-commerce manager’s role is to oversee, manage and optimize online sales and presence. The e-commerce manager is responsible for generating sales via online channels and managing the day-to-day online store operations.
Essential Job Functions
• Manage all web content setup and deployment across online channels
• Select, grade, price, prepare, photograph, list and transact inventory of hard goods, soft goods and accessories
• Ensure our online channel experience is best-in-class
• Perform end-to-end photo-studio tasks
• Create product copy
• Address all online customer service requests including product questions, returns, company policies, etc.
• View and download reports and metrics on sales activities, make recommendations for improvement to management team
• Monitor competitor pricing, content, and policies
• Create, recommend and implement opportunities to gain profitable market share
• Identify, recommend and implement areas of improvement that drive improved customer experience and profitability
• Responsible for creating and maintaining budget
• Coordinate packing, shipping, returns and credits to customers
• Comply with required risk management and indemnification procedures
• Balance team and individual responsibilities by working with the Retail team
• Recruit, hire, lead, coach, train & mentor hourly employees
• Responsible for payroll & scheduling of staff
• Organize and schedule sub-contractors if and when needed
• Other duties as assigned
The budgeted salary range for this position starts at $56,445. Actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience, all our salaried roles are eligible for bonus.
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
• 3 years previous retail experience required, management experience preferred
• 3 years previous online sales experience required
• NetSuite and RTP experience a plus
• Photography experience a plus
• High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
• Written and speaking fluency in English required
• Bi-lingual language skills (Spanish, Portuguese, French or others) preferred
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision given: Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, frequent and detailed review of work, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervision received: Works under general supervision of the Hospitality Retail Manager. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time. Kneeling and bending may be required. Regularly work indoors with no adverse conditions. Some positions require exposure to outdoor elements or a combination of both indoors and outdoors and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of November 15 2021, Aspen Skiing Company, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about this policy via our employee safety page here