Psychiatrist - #495262
State of North Carolina
Date: 10/14/2021 14:30 PM
City: Asheville, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Description of Work
If you are looking for a rewarding career working as part of a multi-disciplinary team that impacts lives, please consider the Psychiatrist opportunity at the Julian F. Keith Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Center (JFK ADATC) in Black Mountain, NC.
Salary Grade MG15
Recruitment Range $150,332 to $250,000
This psychiatrist will provide psychiatric assessments and follow-up care. Consistently provides outstanding staff level psychiatric services and is frequently called upon to solve difficult psychiatric problems and to work on special projects. Work may include the guidance and review of work performed by other staff level physicians/physician extenders and may infrequently require fulfillment of the role of director of the work unit.
Job responsibilities include:
- Evaluates patients for hospital admission and developing the preliminary treatment plan
- Conducts thorough bio/psycho/social psychiatric assessments
- Makes accurate diagnosis and provides evidence-based treatment
- Functions as part of a multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Develops and approves treatment plans and reports at scheduled treatment teams
- Documents patient care rendered and patient progress toward achievement of identified goals according to hospital standards
- Collaborates with other clinical and non-clinical personnel on campus
- Provides on-call services as required
- Assists hospital administration with implementing the JCAHO and CMS standards and hospital medical staff by-laws, rules, and regulations.
The normal working hours are typically eight-hour shifts (8 AM-4:30 PM) Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend duties. The medical physician staff rotates being on call for which they receive an incentive compensation in addition to regular salary.
This is a full-time position and eligible for full State benefits including health insurance and retirement. For information regarding State benefits, please visit: https://oshr.nc.gov/state-employee-resources/benefits
Western North Carolina is one of the most sought-after locations to live and work in the Southeast United States. The town of Black Mountain is loaded with small town charm, yet within 20 minutes of the city of Asheville, a major tourist and relocation destination.
About the Division of Health and Human Services:
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is one of the largest, most complex agencies in the state with approximately 18,000 employees. DHHS is responsible for ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all North Carolinians.
For current State employees, please note that as of June 1, 2018, promotional priority and salary administration will be made based on the new Statewide NC Classification System.
NOTE:This is a generalized representation of positions in this class and is not intended to identify essential functions per ADA. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Professionalism in medical approach with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with team members, non-clinical staff, patients and their families
- Graduation from an accredited medical school and completion of psychiatry residency (or anticipated completion before job commencement)
- Board certified or eligible
- Experience performing bio/psycho/social psychiatric assessments, evaluations and psychotropic medication management for adults, preferably in an inpatient setting
- Experience compiling clear and concise notes for patients; charts and maintaining appropriate clinical documentation
- Experience interpreting laboratory results, clinical data and information relative to the patient's condition
Must be able to successfully maintain CPR and CPI certification Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Licensed to practice medicine in the state of North Carolina.
Board certified in Psychiatry. Training and/or experience in adult psychiatry and significant experience with chemical dependency patients.
ASAM, ABAM or additional certification by ABP & N preferred, but can be obtained after employment with JFK begins.
- Experience in inpatient setting with medical management of detoxification and professional knowledge and and management of patients on Methadone and Buprenorphine.
Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Annual salary is determined based on competencies, equity, budget and other salary administration considerations.
If multiple applications are submitted to an individual position, only the most recent application received prior to the posting closing date will be accepted. Applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM on the closing date.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. Communication with applicants regarding the status of their application will be via emailonly. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
All positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks.
All Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities are a tobacco free environment. The use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campus.
All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
For technical issues with your applications, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact Human Resources at 828-257-6226.