Lab Assistant - #495275
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
Date: 10/14/2021 14:30 PM
City: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Performs all paperwork, technical and non-technical procedures required to process, submit, and initiate the testing process. Communicates with Physicians/Nursing Staff/Managers/co-workers, as appropriate about patients, specimen collection, computer issues and other laboratory issues. Additionally, performs general laboratory duties in all assigned laboratory departments with adequate supervision.
- Performs routine tests and analysis on all specimen types according to established procedures. Performs quality control checks on each procedure and/or reagents as required and appropriate.
- Evaluates and prioritizes samples for testing.
- Performs routine departmental maintenance which may include temperature checks, counter cleaning, supply inventory and others with appropriate documentation
- Reviews and resolves shift pending log as well as problem queues for various departments.
- Utilizes Laboratory Information System (LIS) and network appropriately and efficiently.
- Participates in ongoing continuing education to comply with state regulations. Completes a minimum of five continuing education contact hours per year or ten contact hours per two years.
- I understand that it is not within my scope of practice to handle any medications that I might inadvertently come in contact with, including medications delivered in the pneumatic tube system. If I do come in contact with medications I know to alert a licensed employee for them to handle.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates ability to positively interact with persons of different ethnic, spiritual, moral and cultural beliefs.
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Shows willingness to read, understand, and follow all policies and procedures, as defined for the organization and department
- Exhibits effective critical thinking/decision-making skills as appropriate.
- High school diploma (or Equivalent Certificate from an accredited program) or higher degree
- Valid USA driver’s license
- Must have clean driving record that follows Cheyenne Regional Medical Center’s driving guidelines
- Clinical laboratory experience