Process Improvement Consultant - #495290
Principal Financial Group
Date: 10/14/2021 14:31 PM
City: Urbandale, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Not just a career path. A career destination.
As a Process Improvement Specialist, you will lead small to medium-scale improvement efforts for various business processes that result in measurable reduced costs and/or revenue generation. Your focus will be on our capabilities and services in our Enterprise Documents area. We are in the process of analyzing and updating our capabilities and services to better support our customer communication experiences in partnership with our Business Units. You will identify areas within the communication journey or operational process where costs can be reduced and/or service and quality enhanced in line with business objectives and customer requirements. Drive and ensure execution and implementation of identified projects.
- Lead process improvement studies. Conduct and maintain detailed project analysis, including cost benefit analysis of project feasibility. Provide limited guidance and expertise throughout project idea, definition, measurement, analysis, implementation, and control phases. Make use of process analysis tools and techniques.
- Participate on project teams focused on delivering on improved processes, services and experiences where our capabilities are key contributors
- Apply knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations
- Contribute to organizational learning by developing and sharing best practices and taking action to facilitate improvements
- Build and sustain relationships within and across projects.
- Communicate to identified audiences including providing timely status reports, execution of communication plans, and communicating project results to the business sponsors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years related experience required
- Six Sigma certification and/or knowledge of LEAN methodology preferred
- Experience with establishing or reviewing SOX controls preferred
- Must have excellent organizational, problem-solving, analytical, presentation, and oral/written communication skills; strong interviewing and group facilitation skills required
- Must be able to conceptualize, analyze, and understand problems and their organizational impact, as well as demonstrate creativity
- Must be fluent in identification and documentation of work processes
- Advanced PC skills, including flow charting and spreadsheets required
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy while being detail oriented
- Minimal travel may be required (5%)
This role offers the ability for in-office, hybrid (blending both office and remote work in a typical workweek), and remote work arrangements. You’ll work with your leader to determine which option may align best based on several factors.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-nonimmigrant-workers and https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-employment-based-immigrants
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer