2022 Industrial Designer Internship- Innovation Group (12 Months) - #495291
Date: 10/14/2021 14:31 PM
City: Mount Prospect, Illinois
Contract type: Intern
Work schedule: Full Day
At the Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, we know that every career matters. Which is why you should conduct yours on a grand scale. Headquartered in the northwest Chicago suburb of Mount Prospect, we are a $990 million division of Bosch, a multinational engineering and electronics organization and the largest privately held employer in the world.
Guided by the principles of founder Robert Bosch, we offer a setting where social and environmental responsibility are part of our corporate DNA. Always mindful of our impact on the future, we are committed to sustainability, paying it forward, giving back, and lifelong learning. These are but a few of the reasons why our parent company has more than 400,000 associates and a legacy of success spanning 135+ years.
Since inventing the high-speed rotary tool in 1934, the Dremel brand has been helping users with its full line of versatile, easy-to-use tool systems that deliver the perfect solution for almost any job. From our Dremel rotary tools, Multi-Max™ oscillating tools, Ultra-Saw™ and Saw-Max™ multi-saws, and the Idea Builder™ 3D printer, users have come to know and trust the brand to complete their projects. Combining compact size, ergonomic design, precision and versatility with a wide range of highly engineered accessories, Dremel tools are used to accomplish numerous applications in a variety of materials.
This internship will be a hybrid of working remote and working in the office. Only local applicants will be considered.
An Industrial Design Intern at Dremel is as much about “attitude” as knowledge base. It’s about having a passion for making things and helping others make. It is also about having an unquenchable curiosity and desire to find solutions and evolve them into new business opportunities. We are looking for someone that has an entrepreneurial attitude combined with the ability to make ideas real within the structure of a large global environment.
The Industrial Designer Intern for the Dremel Innovation Group will help transform raw power tool concepts into sketches and concept designs.
- Work as part of the Innovation Team to understand UX/consumer insights and generate new tool concepts to drive the Dremel innovation pipeline.
- Collaborate with the digital connectivity team to capture new digital experiences with sketches, detailed mockups and storyboards.
- Participate in user research to understand customer insights and generate new concept sketches
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions to generate new product ideas and create product concept sketches to visually communicate business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Engineering to build and evaluate power tool concept prototypes
- Develop sell stories for new concepts created for the Dremel Brand
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated within six months with an accredited degree in Industrial Design
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- 2D tools proficiency - Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- General knowledge in ID related software (SolidWorks, Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Experience making foam mock-ups and rough prototypes to test out ergonomics and feasibility
- Passion for creating new concepts and turning raw ideas into tangible concept designs
- Experience with DIY projects, woodworking and making is a plus
- Previous internship or related work experience preferred
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug and background screen pre-employment
- Position only open to students who will not now, nor in the future require sponsorship to work in the United States
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Future sponsorship for work authorization is not available.