People Analytics Principal Data Insight Analyst - #495315
Date: 10/14/2021 14:31 PM
City: Falls Church, Virginia
Salary: $83,600 - $125,400 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Requisition ID: R10008134
- Category: Research and Sciences
- Location: Falls Church - VA, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies. We are looking for a Data Insight Analyst to join the People Analytics team where we lead the people and talent analytics function. At Northrop Grumman, our mission is to use data and analytical approaches to inform our most important people decisions.As an analyst, you will be curious, detail-oriented, and ethically conscious. You seek to ask questions about people, the business, and how we can use data to find solutions. You’re a strategic thinker that can translate data to create well-informed people decisions to enable strategic business outcomes. You want to drive change for our people, are candid and collaborative in taking on our most difficult analytics projects as well as the process and culture changes that accompanies them.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, teammates, and business leaders to identify challenges and empower organizations with data
- Communicate results to an executive audience to effectively tell the data story
- Develop and automate data and analytical solutions for on going organizational needs
- Define, collect, and manipulate data sets to create structured hypotheses, identify patterns, and derive insights to drive decision making
- Create data visualizations using common visualization capabilities (R or Python libraries, Tableau, Qlik, Cognos, PowerBI etc)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with 6 years of relevant experience or master's degree in a related field with 4 years of years of relevant experience.
- Experience using Python, SQL or other scripting or data language.
- Experience developing and designing data visualizations.
- Experience collaborating on projects with multiple teams, managing relationships, and communicating findings to audiences.
- Experience with people or talent related data analytics.
- Experience with data storage and retrieval techniques, ETL, and databases.
- Experience with U/X design principles.
- Ability to work with the upmost confidentiality when applicable.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a team.
Salary Range: 83600 - 125400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.