Teacher, Middle School ELA - #495330
The Archdiocese of Baltimore
Date: 10/14/2021 15:00 PM
City: Towson, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Immaculate Conception School, a National Blue Ribbon School, located in Towson, Maryland seeks a creative and compassionate Middle School ELA Teacher for the current school year.
Teacher is responsible for working with students in grades 6-8. The Immaculate Conception School offers small group, on grade-level, and advanced ELA classes. This is an in-person teaching opportunity.
- Develop weekly lesson plans consistent with curriculum guidelines that motivate, challenge, and engage students.
- Promote and prioritize reading of diverse fiction and non-fiction text.
- Maintain high professional standards consistent with the mission of the school and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Respond to parent communication in a professional, empathetic, and timely manner.
- Support the school’s culture of respect through effective classroom management techniques.
- Work collaboratively with other teachers, staff, and administration.
- Integrate technology where appropriate to enhance instruction.
- Degree in Elementary or Secondary Education with a concentration in English or equivalent
- Current MSDE certification or enrollment in MSDE approved program working towards certification
- Experience in a Catholic School setting is preferred, but not required
- Must be comfortable with technology including Google G-Suite for Education
- Microsoft Sql Server Data Engine (Msde)
- English Language
- Secondary Education