Procurement Supervisor - #495335
Date: 10/14/2021 15:00 PM
City: Valley Head, Alabama
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group - Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Payne, AL
Reports to: Material Manager
This position will direct and oversee all demand to purchase order to delivery functions and work closely with all internal departments to ensure we are meeting and exceeding our customer’s expectations. The primary responsibilities of this position include leading and managing the purchasing team to analyze, forecast, plan, and execute inbound material delivery to achieve safety, quality, delivery, cost, and working capital objectives. This position will work closely with commodity management, production control, operations, and engineering.
This is a highly visible position which is part of the Heil facility leadership team. Buyers will report to this role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Establish and execute purchase order strategy to ensure system accuracy, record management, optimum inventory levels, and zero production line impact using Kanban, sales histories, and ERP which align with commodity management strategy.
- Lead and develop purchasing team through performance management and provide continual professional, candid feedback to team members while continuously improving processes and procedures.
- Partner with sales, production control, operations, commodity management and other internal departments to ensure on-time delivery to meet customer expectations.
- Report out status daily on any purchasing related issue impacting production and drive corrective action and resolution of purchasing issues impacting the plant as part of the leadership team.
- Ensure all associated purchase data is updated and maintained timely in all systems.
- Create, release, review, approve purchase orders within set guidelines and parameters to ensure orders are delivered according to requirements to support customer expectations as required.
- Track order status and communicate to appropriate stakeholders as required.
- Expedite shipment of orders when required to ensure flow of parts into the plant.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure timely and effective implementation of changes to minimize excess and obsolete exposure.
- Ensure BOM errors are communicated to appropriate personnel.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the expeditor team.
- Escalate issues to the appropriate internal department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably with emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Industrial Technology, Materials Management / Purchasing or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of related experience in buying, production and materials planning, inventory control and related areas in a manufacturing environment required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use a computer for updating ERP, presentations, and data analysis.
- Strong lean background preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience required – including Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to include good communication, time management, and problem solving.
- Ability to objectively coach employees through complex and difficult issues.
Attract, Develop and Retain Talent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ethics and Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities – with both internal and external customers – to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
Teamwork and Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Payne, AL 35967: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location