Registered Nurse PRN Premium Our Lady of the Lake Baton Rouge, La - #495370
Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System
Date: 10/14/2021 15:01 PM
City: Ventress, Louisiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Registered Nurse PRN Premium
Our Lady of the Lake
Baton Rouge, La
Medicine 1 is a 30 bed unit located on the 4th floor in the main hospital. Medicine 1 treats patients with a variety of medical illnesses including but not limited to: Diabetes, Digestive disorders, Cellulitis, Septicemia, COPD, CHF and Pneumonia. Special services particular to the medicine unit include but are not limited to: IV therapy, Blood transfusions, Tube feedings, Glucometer monitoring, Foley catheters, Nasogastric suctioning, Trach care and Wound Vac management. Special procedures performed on the medicine units include but are not limited to: Nasogastric tube placement, Assisting with central line insertions, Thoracentesis, Paracentesis and bone marrow biopsies. Medicine 1 consists of 30 private care beds and is located on the 4th floor
All medicine units are staffed with registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, nursing assistants, personal care attendants, customer service representative, Medical Management and a Social Worker. Unit-specific competencies include but are not limited to the following: All nurses are BLS certified. Annual competencies include blood administration, restraints, falls, chest tubes, and defibrillator
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Skills: Proficient in the English language verbal, written and on the computer
Licensure: Current Louisiana State license as RN and BLS certification
- Performs psychosocial/physiologic assessments that integrates changing data.
- Formulates a plan of care based on trends of similar patients, including patient education and discharge planning. Tailors and prioritizes caring practice to individual needs, including cultural/ ethical/ spiritual needs.
- Responds to changes in patient's needs and provides holistic care using independent clinical judgment based on knowledge drawn from education and experience.
- Adapts planned educational programs and information to individual patients and family by modifying teaching strategies or content. Integrates education during the delivery of patient care. Collaborates with patients/ families to identify realistic desired outcomes.
- Actively advocates for patient rights and identifies potential conflict. Seeks counsel for resolution of conflict.
- Identifies variances from expected outcomes.
- Evaluates patient outcomes and makes revisions in the plan of care.
- Documents all patient care activities as per documentation standards. Assists the healthcare team with the documentation process.
- Participates on unit teams, work groups and/ or committees. Anticipates needs and voluntarily assists others.
- Incorporates evidence-based practice and research findings into nursing practice to enhance outcomes.
- Accountable for all documentation and completion of all required continuing education and competencies relevant to area of practice as defined by clinical management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Location: Our Lady of the Lake · 10OLL6048 Medicine 1
Schedule: PRN (As Needed), Day/Evening/Night Rotation, 24