Courtesy Clerk - #495376
Brookshire Grocery Company
Date: 10/14/2021 15:30 PM
City: Point, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas – with three distribution centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry which includes medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to BGC’s 205-acre outdoor recreation area.
Maintains acceptable store conditions according to Company standards. Engages with customers, bags and transports groceries, locates products and conducts price verifications. Performs various customer service duties while maintaining a safe and sanitary shopping environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures groceries are bagged properly by putting like items together, limiting bag weight, preventing food cross-contamination, and ensuring customer receipt of all purchased items.
- Collects shopping carts and stores them in the cart corral. Keeps parking lot free of trash and debris; communicates with management any incidents, actions, or concerns occurring on store premises
- Ensures front-end racks, drink coolers and cleaning supply stations are stocked, cleaned, and presentable
- Promotes product sales through active customer engagement
- Takes precaution when handling objects to avoid damage to products, property, etc.
- Follows Company guidelines by cleaning breakroom/restroom and facing product to ensure proper store conditions
- Maintains friendly and customer-service-oriented attitude by greeting customers, answering questions, and bagging and transporting groceries into customers’ vehicles
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary working and shopping environment by adhering to Company safety procedures. Complies with all Company policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to remain courteous with customers at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate (in written and verbal form) with customers and partners
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Typically involves on-the-job training.
- Minimum of 16 years of age required.
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Continuously required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands for reaching, touching or handling.
- Frequently required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently required to bend, kneel or squat.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Attendance at work is required.
Work Context and Environment
Work is generally performed in a retail store.
- Frequently exposed to outside temperatures and weather.
- Occasionally exposed to wet, slippery or damp conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to cleaning agents.
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status and any other trait protected by law.