WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT - #495382
Dana Safety Supply Careers
Date: 10/14/2021 15:30 PM
City: Marietta, Georgia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- Posted: October 14, 2021
Showing 1 location
Dana Safety Supply @ Marietta | Dana Safety Supply @ Marietta
Kennestone Cir NE
Marietta, GA 30066, USA
Dana Safety Supply Marietta, GA location has an immediate opening for a Warehouse Assistant. This position will perform shipping and receiving duties; maintain the work area in an organized fashion, receive and inspect materials and handle administrative tasks related to sales warehouse processes.
Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment and be a licensed forklift truck operator. Will be responsible for use of company van for pick-up and delivery. Clear driving record required.
- Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks, be familiar with and able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information, to acknowledge receipt of the goods into the purchase order and processing database.
- Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers.
- Must be capable of estimating weight, and use that information to calculate the cost of shipping.
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment and be a licensed forklift truck operator. • Experience with UPS/FEDEX online software is desirable.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and reach. Must have a clear driving record as use of the company van will be part of your job duties.
All applicants are required to demonstrate the ability to pass all pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, drug test and be able to present a valid driver's license.
EOE/Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Lifting 50 lbs or greater
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)