Medical Assistant - Boynton Beach, FL (Full Time, Day Shift) - #495419
Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Date: 10/14/2021 15:30 PM
City: Boynton Beach, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Assists in examinations and treatment of patient's care under the direction of the physician and/or clinician. Supports patient care management by performing various administrative functions
Minimum Job Requirements
- Medical Assistant certification/graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program (OR) Prior Medical Assistant experience in a physician practice and Medical Assistant certification/graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required within 90 days of hire
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School education or equivalent preferred
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Excellent patient management, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- 2-4 years physician office experience preferred.
- 2-4 years of coordinating clinical care for patients preferred.
Job Specific Duties
- Answers telephones, routes calls, takes, and relays accurate phone messages.
- If applicable, prepares and administers medications/immunizations to patients as directed by provider
- Communicates all significant changes in patient conditions or behavior to clinicians and physicians.
- Ensures all medical record/patient charts contains necessary documentation for medical appointments. Completes charting, collects, and distributes medical record documents related to patient.
- Gathers data for general information, special reports, contacting other employees, departments, agencies, and individuals for additional material. May prepare reports for provider approval.
- Maintains/prepares billing charge and reconciliation, assist in completing claims forms, and answers patient questions in reference to payment status
- Runs reports for credit cards, super bills, and etc. Prepares final bookkeeping of assigned cash drawer and prepares and makes timely deposits
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and patient rooms
- Operates and maintains equipment in proper working condition/order. Ensures medical supplies and inventory are maintained
- Performs and documents vital signs and measurements. Provides and documents patient and family education
- Assists physician with simple procedures and patient transport. Collects specimens and distributes to laboratory for results
- Prepares for patient visits by preparing /pulling charts, printing super bills, and informing physician and other clinical staff of changes in schedule
- Schedules appointments, diagnostic, therapeutic, verifies medical appointments, obtains and/or verify authorizations
- Processes medical documentation for office visit and follow-up with patient when required
- Serves as receptionist, conducts patient check-in, registration, collects fee for service/co-payments, and verifies referrals, insurance data, patient’s address & other pertinent information
- Tracks all samples per policy before providing to patients to ensure proper coordination with physician orders or requests
- Enters electronic order for lab, x-ray and medication/prescriptions for provider review and approval in electronic medical record.
- Process refills as directed by provider and written protocols.
Job :Nursing- Support (Clinical)
Florida-Boynton Beach-Boynton Beach Care Center
Primary Location :
NCPS BOYNTON SUPPORT-3100-485004