EMT - B (Part-time) - #495420
PatientCare EMS MS
Date: 10/14/2021 15:30 PM
City: Carthage, Mississippi
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This position reports to the County Manager. EMTs are accountable for responding to all assigned calls in the most appropriate and efficient manner, providing the highest standards of patient care while providing a safe and hazard-free environment. The EMT works with a Paramedic on an ALS ambulance or on a BLS unit and contributes to overall patient care. Including but not limited to the areas of triage, packaging, assessment, documentation and transport.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prompt and regular attendance at work.
- Provide quality patient care utilizing thorough knowledge of protocols.
- Assess and treat with appropriate techniques (resources and equipment), any medical situation while maintaining the highest standard of patient care and professionalism according to current company standards.
- Must maintain neat and professional appearance at all times in accordance with Policy and Procedure Handbook (PPH).
- Maintain the ambulance and equipment in a clean, organized and response ready mode.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the ambulance and equipment, its function and use and reporting defective equipment and supplies to the manager as required.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with other individuals within the community and EMS system.
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures provided in the Policy and Procedure Handbook (PPH) and Code of Conduct.
- Responsible with complying with all local, state and federal laws (i.e. HIPAA and OSHA).
- Complete all patient care reports for each response with appropriate and complete patient care documentation and billing information.
- Responsible for maintaining current state and NREMT certifications.
- Must attend all Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current Mississippi EMS driver’s license
- Current CPR Certification
- Current NREMT certification
- Current MS EMT Certification or eligible for MS EMT Certification
PatientCare Logistics Solutions is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.