Manager, Learned Intermediary - Contract Management (Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Systems) - #495425
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies
Date: 10/14/2021 15:30 PM
City: Warsaw, Indiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (JJHCS) is recruiting for a Manager, Learned Intermediary - Contract Management, located in Raritan, NJ; Raynhman, MA; West Chester, Pennsylvania; Warsaw, Indiana, Cincinnati , OH, or Irvine, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (JJHCS) provides contracting, supply chain, business services, and strategic solutions to customers and commercial intermediaries of U.S.-based Johnson & Johnson companies, including hospital systems, health plans, distributors, wholesalers, purchasing organizations, government payer programs, and government healthcare institutions in the U.S. JJHCS also engages with customers to provide streamlined supply chain services for our products that seamlessly integrate with customer operations, address shared evolving market challenges to value-based care, and develop innovative solutions that improve patient care and access. *CareAdvantage, Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is offered through Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. Its Supply Chain Optimization capability is provided for Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies products.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies Strategic Customer Group (SCG) contracting team is responsible for the development and execution of customer contract strategy for our medical devices companies. Contracting includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk (single point of contact, rapid response hub for developing contracts and pricing offers), Customer Analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations), Contract Administration (contract generation, negotiation, signature, loading and performance tracking) and Contracting and Pricing Committee (CPC) governance (commercial contracting and pricing governance). The Contracting group works in close collaboration with the field to put together offerings (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer while still supporting the objectives and strategies of the business.
The Manager, Contract Administration will be part of the SCG Contract Administration Team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Contract Administration, providing effective and efficient contract review and negotiation for commercial contracts. This individual will be responsible for supporting the management of various contract templates to support the business and CPC approved Contract Strategies and will be responsible for supporting terms and conditions redlines for commercial contracts across the JJMD organization. The Manager, Contract Administration will handle assigned redlines including customer negotiation in close partnership with the Deal Desk, account management and the field sales organization. They will partner closely with the Commercial Programs Legal Group (CPLG) as a Learned Intermediary, the broader SCG contracting community, HCC and internal business partners, in identifying best practices, process improvements and supporting strategic initiatives in an effort to improve turnaround time processes and workflows. Responsibilities will include at the direction of the Senior Manager, Contract Administration, coordination of terms and conditions changes, identifying potential gaps, ensuring contracts are aligned to strategy, customer negotiations, sharing best practices and recommending solutions to improve customer experience.
- At the direction of management, direct and manage commercial contract terms and conditions negotiation
- Develop and maintain positive business partnering relationships with legal, Deal Desk & field
- Review and negotiate terms and conditions in commercial contract documents.
- Work with the Senior Manager, Contact Administration to facilitatie internal contract approval and stakeholder negotiation to resolve complex issues and assist in disputes (escalating complex legal and factual issues to the appropriate internal parties, e.g. Commercial Operations, Supply Chain, Human Resouces, Corporate Risk Management, Health Care Compliance, Privacy, CPLG).
- Proactively support the design and implementation of systems, processes and controls to efficiently track and manage the contracting process to enhance efficiency and compliance.
- When assigned, facilitate effective communication and collaboration with internal clients, consistent with company mission and values, to ensure that actions taken reflect terms of contracts and agreements. Provide regular guidance and training to business stakeholders, to ensure they understand contractual requirements as well as general legal and compliance environment.
- Ownership of assigned templates, clause library and related contracting tools
- Ensuring conformity to business needs, proper risk allocation and compliance with Johnson & Johnson policies and procedures
- Maintain assigned SOPs and WIs
- Business Processes, Policies and Strategic Objectives
- Market Place and Customer Knowledge
- Strategic Thinking
- Fact-based and analytical
- Listening & Asserting
- Strong verbal skills
- Strong reading comprehension
- Clear, concise written communications
- Feedback and Self-Awareness
- Development Plan and Career Management
Pricing and Contracting:
- Understanding of the JJMD contracting strategies and contracting continuum
- Understanding the the JJMD contracting systems
Mentors and Coaches Others:
- Depth in a coaching / development in new ways of working in a team environment
- Collaborative with other stakeholders
- Strong, fact-based influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong conflict management skills
Problem Solving/Decision Making:
- Ability to disaggregate a problem in components and root causes
- Sound judgment and strong pattern recognition
- Solutions-oriented with a bias towards action
Education: A minimum of a BS/BA is required. MBA or JD preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in Contracting, Pricing or related business experience within J&J, pharmaceuticals or medical devices. Prior legal experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and ability to self-manage in a complex / time sensitive environment
- Capable of drafting complex contract terms and conditions, attention to detail, reviewing contracts for conformity to policies and identifying and assessing risks is required
- Strong leadership skills: ability to lead, influence all levels of the organization, willingness to take prudent risk and indirectly manage cross functional teams is required
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders
- Ability to form strong, trust-based relationships with CPLG, Account Management, Franchises, Deal Managers and Contract Strategy
- Drive to understand the JJMD products and offerings, strategies and business objectives
- Ability to influence and align complex groups of stakeholders towards overall business objectives
- Strong level of ownership and drive for meeting / exceeding expectations
- Previous customer facing contract negotiation experience highly preferred
- Ability to drive adherence to protocols and business rules
- Experience with sales teams or account management, contracting needs and leadership mindsets in the J&J businesses
- Comfort working remotely with multiple lines of business
- Proficiency in MS Word including track changes and doc compare (required)
Domestic travel is required up to 10% of the time.
Location: Raritan, NJ; Raynhman, MA; West Chester, Pennsylvania; Warsaw, Indiana, Cincinnati , OH, Irvine, CA
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-1000 US HIghway 202
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-California-Irvine, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (6077)