Housekeeper - #495442
Date: 10/14/2021 15:31 PM
City: Allen, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Community Name: 5944 PARKVIEW IN ALLEN ALLEN TX
A housekeeper at Holiday helps older people live better by providing them with a clean and welcoming home.
What We Offer:
- A steady, full-time schedule with consistent hours
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible full-time employees
- Anniversary Award - $500 per year after 2 years
- One free meal per day in our communities
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer match!
- A career path, with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally
- A Certified Great Place to Work that provides a fun and respectful workplace
What You Can Expect:
In the role of Housekeeper, you will be responsible to maintain Holiday Community interior including residents’ apartments in a clean and sanitary fashion, and in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Provide general housekeeping for both the Community as a whole, and individual resident apartment. This includes, but is not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning the main entry way, common areas, dining room, hallways, patios, and resident apartments
- Resident apartments also include clean and defrost refrigerators (as needed), clean and check heat system filters, etc., change the bed and linens, make sure adequate linen supplies in each apartment. Turn mattress (with assistance) as necessary and empty waste baskets
- Provide deep cleaning of apartments as needed. Pay special attention to the main entry area, with focus on carpets, plants, pictures, railings, windows and light fixtures
- Launder all linens by washing and drying in the laundry facilities provided
- Follow Holiday’s sanitation and safety procedures. Details regarding the housekeeper’s cleaning responsibilities can be found in the Holiday Retirement Community Care Guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior related experience in housekeeping is preferred
- Demonstrated Customer Service orientation
- Effective communication skills in English
- General knowledge of sanitation and safety practices or ability to quickly learn and retain
- Ability to perform housekeeping duties following housekeeping sanitation standards
- Basic Computer skills
For 50 years, Holiday has been in the business of helping older adults live better, age more successfully and stay independent for as long as possible. We accomplish this by following these principles:
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your thing.
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates, and guests.
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying connected.
Today, over 25,000 older adults in 228 senior living communities across 43 states call a Holiday community home: and our employees agree. Beginning in early 2018, and every year since, Holiday has been certified a great workplace by Great Place to Work Institute(R), an honor that was also extended to 201 of its communities in 2021. Helping older people live better is a tremendous privilege and we would love to share more about our mission with you.
Holiday believes that every vaccinated associate creates a safer environment for our residents and associates. This is why we require new associates joining our team to receive their first vaccine at least 3 business days before their start date and be fully vaccinated within 5 weeks of starting with Holiday (unless prohibited by applicable state or local law). Holiday will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious based reasons on an individualized basis.
Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of older people, we’d love to talk to you.
Req ID: 113288