Teacher - Kindergarten - #495451
Anne Arundel County Public Schools
Date: 10/14/2021 15:31 PM
City: Annapolis, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This posting creates a pool of candidates for future positions that may become available.
Curriculum and Instruction
Reports To (title only)
Current as of
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Teaches elemental natural and social sciences, personal hygiene, music, art, and literature to children from 4 to 6 years old to promote their physical, mental and social development. Provides and supervises a wide variety of experiences by means of dramatic play, storytelling, field visits, and group discussions to stimulate students' interest in and broaden understanding of their physical and social environment. Fosters cooperative social behavior through games and group projects to assist children in forming satisfying relationships with other children and adults. Encourages students in singing, dancing, rhythmic activities, and in use of art materials to promote self-expression and appreciation of esthetic experience. Instructs children in practices of personal cleanliness and self-care. Alternates periods of strenuous activity with periods of rest or light activity to avoid over stimulation and fatigue. Observes children to detect sign of ill health or emotional disturbance, and the evaluate progress. Discusses students' problems and progress with parents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Plans, prepares and presents lesson plans, assignments, and instructional materials to students in an appropriate fashion.
2. Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
3. Lectures, demonstrates and uses audio-visual teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
4. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and the emotional development of children.
5. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
6. Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
7. Keeps attendance and grade records as required by Board Policy/Administrative Regulation.
8. Prepares, administers and corrects tests, and records results.
9. Counsels pupils when academic and adjustment problems arise.
10. Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges and participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
11. Serves on special committees.
12. Attends and actively participates in staff/faculty meetings; and provides input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives and methods.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of school organization, goals and objectives with special emphasis on teaching techniques.
- Knowledge of materials in field of specialization. Knowledge of current trends and research in field of specialization.
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Ability to deal effectively with students, staff and parents.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in technical areas of instruction.
- Satisfactory score on any test required.
Eligible for Maryland State Board of Education professional certificate appropriate to area of assignment.
Career Ladder Requirements
As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.